+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3M Half Face Respirator Replacement Filters

Post Thanks / Like

3M Half Face Respirator Replacement Filters

I have the Series 6000 half face respirator. It came with 60923 cartridges. I would like to replace them with less expensive filters/cartridges. the 3M website is not very clear in defining what filters will fit. Looking for a simple filter to use when grinding and manually plasma cutting. Help anyone? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

3M Half Face Respirator Replacement Filters

The 2091 is a basic P100 particulate filter. The 2097 adds filtration of nuisance-level organic vapors (it has some charcoal in the filter). The 2071 is a P95 filter.

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...l-bulletin.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3M Half Face Respirator Replacement Filters

It's going to be a challenge purchasing 3M or offbrand filters for your half mask at this time however I was able to purchase a set for welding galvanized here, https://industrialsafety.com/
    --
    Just call and they'll let you know what they have that will work for you.
    MM 211
    Smith Tru Lite O/A set, Thanks Bob!
    Lincoln AC-225
    --
    But you must not change one thing, one pebble, one grain of sand, until you know what good and evil will follow on that act. The world is in balance, in Equilibrium- Ursula K. Le Guin

Post Thanks / Like

For that application you only need a particulate filter. JWMelvin's recommendation is spot on. Any of the 2000 series filters will fit and do the job. If you want nuisance odor, then look for that as well. But yes, supply is super tight with all the COVID crap right now, so it will be tough to find and possibly very pricey.
    -Dave
    XMT304 with: 22A Feeder, or HF251 Hi Freq DC TIG air cooled

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jwmelvin View Post
    The 2091 is a basic P100 particulate filter. The 2097 adds filtration of nuisance-level organic vapors (it has some charcoal in the filter). The 2071 is a P95 filter.

https://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/...l-bulletin.pdf
    I worked in a shipyard for two years and we all used the common p 100 pancake filter. They told us it was for the smoke and ozone that we should wear it. It did have some activated charcoal in it. I was amazed how effective it was. there was a natural gas leak in the building and they actually had to send people around inside the hull to ask them to clear the building. I was wearing a p 100 set and when I asked what was going on and pulled my mask aside I only then could smell the natural gas odorizer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist