+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Find Customers for Welding Jobs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Find Customers for Welding Jobs

Most time you have find the market that works for your location.

Some even do line boring this type of work is where earth is being move. Location where restaurant are you find lots of stainless work.
    I do not know your location but I hope this helps 😊

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by WeldCrazyDude View Post
    Sounds good. I guess I'll stick to what I know if and I become efficient enough that I can step up to bigger projects, I'll evaluate it at that time.

Post Thanks / Like

I also think that social networks play a key role in finding clients today. After all, by advertising their services through social networks, you can choose the target audience. By the way, my friends welders sell jewelry made by welding, such as candlesticks.

Post Thanks / Like

There's squillions of business and sales done on the golf course and nineteenth hole. That's another option if you take it up and get into the circle.

Post Thanks / Like

social media is one of the better ways IMHO.

I'm not ready to go solo yet but I'm building up my FB page with all the stuff we've done, ranging from household stuff to structural steelwork and ag repair stuff, and I've had a bit of work through it, as well as word-of-mouth. I should really start an instagram account though, I do think I'm missing an audience on there...

Post Thanks / Like

It is getting hard to find work as the pandemic goes on.
    My last post was in May and think the pandemic would be over by now.

It will get to doing almost anything to make money.
    Basically a handyman that can weld.

I would join nextdoor. com I see some looking for welding.

Like my uncle said (he was 19 years old when the crash of 1929) be a plumper everyone wants water to come in and goes out.
    My uncle by 1940 was in the septic tanks.

Most states have laws on contractor license.
    In California you do not need a license if do work on any building under $500.00

You find most small contractor hate this law.
    But is great for you just getting started .

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

This is my first post on the WW. I am a corporate lawyer with over 20 years experience. This post is in reply to the posts above about LLC liability protection. People get this wrong all the time, including other lawyers who do not practice in this area.

An LLC, Corporation, etc. does NOT provide any personal liability protection from your own negligence or other actions or inactions. If you personally screw it up, you are always personally liable no matter what and even if you are operating out of an LLC or other entity. This is the law in every state in America. An LLC or other entity only provides personal liability protection from the business that is operated in the entity that YOU DID NOT PERSONALLY CAUSE. If someone else in the business caused it, you get personal liability protection from the business.

I hope that helps someone.
    Last edited by TXTele; 10-09-2021 at 11:22 AM.

7. Likes Munkul, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have use Layers a lot.
    The information I gave was from a lawyer.
    Witch save my butt.

I also live in the most Lawsuit happy state in world.
    They find anything not to pay or make money off your hard workers.

I did not have liability protection insurance in California it is to high for most work due to lawsuits

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by TXTele View Post
    This is my first post on the WW. I am a corporate lawyer with over 20 years experience. This post is in reply to the posts above about LLC liability protection. People get this wrong all the time, including other lawyers who do not practice in this area.

An LLC, Corporation, etc. does NOT provide any personal liability protection from your own negligence or other actions or inactions. If you personally screw it up, you are always personally liable no matter what and even if you are operating out of an LLC or other entity. This is the law in every state in America. An LLC or other entity only provides personal liability protection from the business that is operated in the entity that YOU DID NOT PERSONALLY CAUSE. If someone else in the business caused it, you get personal liability protection from the business.

I hope that helps someone.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, really great info here. I'm new here trying to learn the business end of things for a friend (he's the welder not me), who is trying to break out into his own welding business so this thread is packed with great info. Thanks to all of you.

Post Thanks / Like

How many candle stick holders do we think we could sell? You can do walk in work but its slow and tedious. Once in a while that leads to other stuff, I dont really turn it away but dont encourage it and watch who I do it for. Some just isnt worth it.
    Personally dont look at all the net for services, it might work ok but lots of tire kickers wanting you to fix their junk for free. I heard it yesterday,,,, what you mean 1K to fix i9t,,, I only paid 300 for the boat. That may be so but that doesnt mean I got to fix it for 100.
    The other one is,,,, How much,,,, well,, you see,,, I usually fix myself you understand but I dont have the tools or know what I am doing but other than that I would fix it myself you understand,,, or they know all about it but dont have time. I should have ran from one not too long ago knows all about it and especially after the fact he knows somone would have done a days work for 50$.
    You really got to enjoy that or it aint gonna work.
    I like short fix or service calls but a guy needs to be on his toes and bill while they are thankful, they have short memory and forget how glad they are to have it running and the promise they made before you do it.
    But,,, this requires quite a high skill set.

11. Likes Munkul liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist