Thread: Purity or airgas?

Post Thanks / Like

Purity or airgas?

My only two choices up in northern Michigan
    Would welcome any input, I was looking for an adapter to connect an argon line to a metalcraft (victor) flow meter, 1/4 nipple and B nut
    Should be fairly simple I thought, started at airgas and the sales man bent over backwards to try and help
    With no luck, tried purity wonít be going back there the attitude started on the phone and just escalated in person

Iím really trying to purchase local but ended up on e bay, purchased from a welding shop in Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Purity or airgas?

Post Thanks / Like

That would be what I needed and ordered from Texas, airgas could not find it.
    Thank you Dave!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a common inert fitting. That's the problem with hiring people who have no experience and get no training. They save money on wages but lose it in lost sales. Sounds like the guy was trying though.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he did try, I had the flow meter and hose but couldn’t go inside, he had to come out in the parking lot and couldn’t really talk because of distance and masks. Sure will be glad when this virus is over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cobraone View Post
    Yes he did try, I had the flow meter and hose but couldnít go inside, he had to come out in the parking lot and couldnít really talk because of distance and masks. Sure will be glad when this virus is over
    Glad you found it. Find it surprising that a counter person could not find that part. Longing for the good old days when welding counter persons knew their jobs.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW2002ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

7. Likes Simclardy, metalman21 liked this post