Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get Bemt!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Get Bemt!

Still waiting for the thread where you fix the broken manifold bolts that are the actual cause of your near-asphyxiation, rather than trying to win the world fiddling championship. Also the resolution to your hay-hauling emergency, wherein your cows were in such dire need of feed that you were going to risk the asphyxiation to get them hay.... then feed them in mud so deep that one of them couldn't get out of it and died trying to get something to eat.

Whatever you're doing, it isn't farming.

2. Likes Hobbytime liked this post
    Dislikes Woznme disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oxford1 View Post
    Still waiting for the thread where you fix the broken manifold bolts that are the actual cause of your near-asphyxiation, rather than trying to win the world fiddling championship. Also the resolution to your hay-hauling emergency, wherein your cows were in such dire need of feed that you were going to risk the asphyxiation to get them hay.... then feed them in mud so deep that one of them couldn't get out of it and died trying to get something to eat.

Sure do like to walk around throwing rocks at folks, don't you. Got names for folks like that around here.

Post Thanks / Like

It's for sure you've never lived or worked on a farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee, you're off to a good start on the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

What, exactly, is the point of this post? If it is to prove you are an ahole...you did...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortfuse View Post
    It's for sure you've never lived or worked on a farm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    . F**kin’ unbelievable.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

12 posts.....and already making friends....abrasive way to start off for sure.
    Gregg
    Hobart Handler 210 MVP
    Hobart Stickmate 210i

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's sloppy, but it's almost fitting like it should.

Name:  tube bending26.JPG
Views: 327
Size:  212.9 KB

Name:  tube bending27.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  195.7 KB I still gotta deal with the stupid tube bein' too close to the firewall in this one area. It's about half an inch from the sheet metal, and I'm worried about catching the floor insulation in the cab on fire, even with a heat shield.

The welding was WEIRD!! Only way I could get the stainless wire (308) to run was to turn the machine up quite a bit beyond what I'd normally weld mild steel at. It sounded funny too. Usually I weld short circuit with wire, and it sizzles. THIS STAINLESS STUFF HISSES Anyways.....I guess it's glued together good enough.

The brazing was sorta ok...……..I've never done any capillary brazing before, and I couldn't judge when the stuff had sucked down in the joint, so I had stuff runnin' everywhere

The thing is gas tight, do all's good...…………….sorta.

THIS THING HAS BEEN LIKE CHASING YOUR TAIL. Every time I tweaked the tube, it needed another tweak somewhere else I guess this is the downfall of using solid tubing in a confined area where you have no leeway, and can't see a dam thing.

The fit is tolerable...…..I can bolt up both ends, but there's a good deal of tension in it. I need to get that tension out...….I mean it's probably a matter of moving an angle a few seconds...……...Like I said...…..it's like chasing your tail.

I think i'm gonna slice a portion in half, and use a sleeve to get the perfect fit...……...LIKE THAT'S POSSIBLE One end is a flare fitting, and the other is a compression fitting. If they don't line up almost perfectly, the dam thing will leak at the joints I'm thinkin'.

I got so damn mad yesterday, that I threw the thing against the container, picked it up, and threw it over the fence into the pasture. So...……..this morning I had to go out and hunt it up

I'm so close it's a matter of a tiny tweak...……...I imagine I have another coupla hours in it before it's ready to run. We've been borrowing one of the rig cres trucks from K'kins job, and I'm ready to start using my own truck again.

Oh yeah...……….my idea of brazing in a section of corrugated tubing didn't pan out. The stuff is paper thin, and I just don't see brazing it without ruining it. One thing I guess...……..this thick tubing will outlast the trudk. I never expect to have to touch this sucker again.

Post Thanks / Like

Heat the tube up to cherry in one spot so you can tweak it insitu.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    Heat the tube up to cherry in one spot so you can tweak it insitu.
    I've been heating it off the truck. I'm too afraid of burning the stupid thing down to the ground That would be the crowning achievment

Name:  tube bending28.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  197.6 KB I swear to God that I've had this thing on/off the truck 30 times today

Post Thanks / Like

Been there. I'm a long long way from you, so I can sit back, laugh, and get away with it!

Post Thanks / Like

Just remember that in a day or two it'll be done and dusted. You'll be busy cussing the next pita.

15. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Throwing rocks at Sam is fun,although he does manage to throw a few back every now, and again.. Shoot, old Roy made a career out of it..
    Esab/Lorch ET-220i
    Esab 160i caddy
    Thermal LM-200 Lincoln feeders
    Thermal Pee-Wee 85s
    2-Thermal 60i- 3phase /RPC powered (Beast)
    Thermal Drag-gun 35C
    INE 1500
    Klutch 80i +

Post Thanks / Like

Throwing rocks on the internet is nowhere near as much fun as in real life.
    :

18. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get the PERFECT (obligatory pat on the back ROFL) fit by using a sleeve. Cut the thing in half, and sleeved it to take out any tiny differences.

To make the sleeve, I used a piece of plain old sch40 pipe, AND BELLMOUTHED ONE END so that it would act like a mini elbow. If it's bell mouthed, you can insert the tubing with a bit of leeway. It's a good way to get by with less than perfect fits. I got my required clearance between the tube, and the firewall. with the smoogie. There is ALWAYS a way around problems.

Name:  tube bending29.JPG
Views: 199
Size:  198.1 KB

First check was down by the manifold.

Name:  tube bending30.JPG
Views: 205
Size:  224.4 KB

Then. up in the cab.

20. Likes bfjou812 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sam,
    Have you used a temp gun to see what temp the pipe reaches?
    It is too late now, but some marine grade exhaust hoses are made for purposes like this. Pretty rigid, but plenty flexible for this purpose.

They make some in 1/2" ID.
    Just a matter of cutting to length and swaging the fittings onto it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Sam,
    Have you used a temp gun to see what temp the pipe reaches?
    It is too late now, but some marine grade exhaust hoses are made for purposes like this. Pretty rigid, but plenty flexible for this purpose.

They make some in 1/2" ID.
    Just a matter of cutting to length and swaging the fittings onto it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I never knew that such hose existed. I'll have to look for a source.

Did use the truck today, and was gonna take the IR gun with me, but forgot to I did remember to take the CO meter, and it didn't show any CO all afternoon. The only time it showed any Carbon Monoxide was when I was hooking up the trailer with the door ajar. It climbed to about 40ish ppm. I guess that's from the bad exhaust couplings at the rear of the cab allowing gas to come out from underneath the cab, and into the open door. Otherwise, it was a joy to drive. No headaches, and no metallic taste in the mouth, or sickening odor from the other stuff in the exhaust. It's amazing just how much was coming from that small crack. Might be the location had a lot to do with the effects.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam,
    Check out this product for future reference. It is good for 200 degrees continuous. If that temp suffices, it is easy enough to put a fitting on it. You can get the same material at a lot of other stores or order online.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/shiel...43?recordNum=9
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    www.psacustomcreations.com

24. Likes whtbaron liked this post