+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Longevity Weld Max LC-416D stopped working

Post Thanks / Like

Longevity Weld Max LC-416D stopped working

I have had the unit for several years and only used the plasma cutting function. Recently, I needed to use the stick welder on my tractor. I'm a complete beginner with stick. I managed to burn through half a rod before it died. I now get nothing to work. I was running the machine on a generator and stopped for a second to grind off one of my many mistakes. The grinder was also running off the same generator. The generator came under a heavier load for a few seconds as I was grinding. But did not trip any breakers. I went back to the Longevity and the display was blank. I tried every function and nothing worked. The translucent power button on the back is illuminated and I confirmed it was getting power with a multi-meter.

Emailed Longevity for help and any documents they still have. I was told they could send the wiring diagram and I qualified for 15% off purchase of new unit. But otherwise, no help. Still have not received wiring diagram.

I haven't found much information about this unit and I'm trying to figure out if I can repair it or just need to cut my losses.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Longevity Weld Max LC-416D stopped working

I have a 520D and my switch just died. I was getting power in but the contacts burned out. I suspect that if it's not something simple like the switch it's not worth spending the time to fix.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mightymeatman View Post
    I have had the unit for several years and only used the plasma cutting function. Recently, I needed to use the stick welder on my tractor. I'm a complete beginner with stick. I managed to burn through half a rod before it died. I now get nothing to work. I was running the machine on a generator and stopped for a second to grind off one of my many mistakes. The grinder was also running off the same generator. The generator came under a heavier load for a few seconds as I was grinding. But did not trip any breakers. I went back to the Longevity and the display was blank. I tried every function and nothing worked. The translucent power button on the back is illuminated and I confirmed it was getting power with a multi-meter.

Emailed Longevity for help and any documents they still have. I was told they could send the wiring diagram and I qualified for 15% off purchase of new unit. But otherwise, no help. Still have not received wiring diagram.

I haven't found much information about this unit and I'm trying to figure out if I can repair it or just need to cut my losses.

Thanks
    Probably the downtime of your work and the cost of repairing the machine, will be commensurate with the purchase of a new device.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    If the unit is powered powered up, you might want to check if it welds or not, even though it looks dead.
    I assume it would return to the last used setting (stick).
    If it doesn't weld, you are probably going to cut your losses.
    If it DOES weld, then fixing may be OK and not too nasty ... Or not.
    Depends what the debug exercise turns up, assuming that the clowns at HQ step up.
    Andrew

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist