Thread: Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

Hello !

I recently bought a Stalhwerk tig machine (AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT).
    (link to the exact machine : https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraet...se-D-IGBTshtml )

This machine specs doesn't mention a foot pedal compatibility, and the only connection is the on/off switch 2 pins connector.
    However, this machine came from china, and I guess, should be built from a generic model, or at least share common components with other chinese/rebranded models which are offering foot pedal control.

I browsed a lot of posts about adding foot pedal, seems to be quite easily feasible on most models if they are equipped with a potentiometers panel. But this very one has a digital panel, and maybe make the mod more difficult.

Here is a photo of the control board :
    Name:  MVIMG_20200424_133140.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  133.5 KB

Using this, I found a seller on Aliexpress which are listing similar boards, he provided me this drawing :
    Name:  3766D337@2ECEDF68.2B23AA5E.jpg.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  67.1 KB

So seems perfectly feasible, but should require an additional board ("foot switch board" on the drawing). The seller stopped answering me when I asked if he can supply it (that should mean "no"...), and I dont have any clue about where to buy this board.

So I have several questions :
    - Does anybody already modified a digital chinese tig to add a foot pedal ?
    - Any idea of brand/model having the same base but supplied with the foot pedal control ? (so I can search for a spare board)
    - Any idea about the signal type between the foot switch board and the control panel (TTL, PWM, proprieretary protocol ?) ? I guess that it's shall be rather simple, and probably feasible to do the same with a basic arduino. By difficult to figure it out without having a board in hand.

Thanks for your ideas !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

It sure looks like you're SOL with this machine. I watched as much of the video, as I could stand, and the guy doing the demo never got around to explaining how to control amps via the torch or a pedal, as far as I could determine. There is another model that has a pedal included.

It may be just me, but I wouldn't purchase any welding machine with the on/off switch on the back.

30 day warranty... send it back.

I couldn't find a way to delete the schematic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Weldordie; 05-12-2020 at 07:28 AM.

3. Likes Quark21 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

Hello,

Quick follow-up on this topic :

I finally found the board (thanks to a French colleague from usinages.com machining forum).
    For reference, here is the link : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...bf3a4c4dNyVCBZ

Already ordered, not received yet. But should be easy to install !

Thanks !

5. Likes Weldordie liked this post