+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

Post Thanks / Like

Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

Hello !

I recently bought a Stalhwerk tig machine (AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT).
    (link to the exact machine : https://www.stahlwerk-schweissgeraet...se-D-IGBTshtml )

This machine specs doesn't mention a foot pedal compatibility, and the only connection is the on/off switch 2 pins connector.
    However, this machine came from china, and I guess, should be built from a generic model, or at least share common components with other chinese/rebranded models which are offering foot pedal control.

I browsed a lot of posts about adding foot pedal, seems to be quite easily feasible on most models if they are equipped with a potentiometers panel. But this very one has a digital panel, and maybe make the mod more difficult.

Here is a photo of the control board :
    Name:  MVIMG_20200424_133140.jpg
Views: 1216
Size:  133.5 KB

Using this, I found a seller on Aliexpress which are listing similar boards, he provided me this drawing :
    Name:  3766D337@2ECEDF68.2B23AA5E.jpg.jpg
Views: 1211
Size:  67.1 KB

So seems perfectly feasible, but should require an additional board ("foot switch board" on the drawing). The seller stopped answering me when I asked if he can supply it (that should mean "no"...), and I dont have any clue about where to buy this board.

So I have several questions :
    - Does anybody already modified a digital chinese tig to add a foot pedal ?
    - Any idea of brand/model having the same base but supplied with the foot pedal control ? (so I can search for a spare board)
    - Any idea about the signal type between the foot switch board and the control panel (TTL, PWM, proprieretary protocol ?) ? I guess that it's shall be rather simple, and probably feasible to do the same with a basic arduino. By difficult to figure it out without having a board in hand.

Thanks for your ideas !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adding a foot pedal on a Stalhwerk AC/DC TIG 200 Pulse D IGBT ?

It sure looks like you're SOL with this machine. I watched as much of the video, as I could stand, and the guy doing the demo never got around to explaining how to control amps via the torch or a pedal, as far as I could determine. There is another model that has a pedal included.

It may be just me, but I wouldn't purchase any welding machine with the on/off switch on the back.

30 day warranty... send it back.

I couldn't find a way to delete the schematic.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Weldordie; 05-12-2020 at 07:28 AM.

3. Likes Quark21 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

Quick follow-up on this topic :

I finally found the board (thanks to a French colleague from usinages.com machining forum).
    For reference, here is the link : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...bf3a4c4dNyVCBZ

Already ordered, not received yet. But should be easy to install !

Thanks !

5. Likes Weldordie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I'm a newbe here, I see you have TIG-200 Board there, I've been trying to get some info on that board for my welder, there is 4 smd resistors at the top of your pic and 2 diodes at the bottom I would like to know there values if it's not too much to ask, I'm unable to find schematics anywhere for this board and need this info to fix my machine. Here's a pic of what I'm after.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, It's been a while ... Do you still need to know the values of the destroyed parts?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist