Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 29 of 29

Thread: Another electrical shock / safety question:

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another electrical shock / safety question:

    Quote Originally Posted by frieed View Post
    True, but the ringer pulse can light you up. ask me how I know
    As I recall its 105 volts and pulsed DC depending on the phones ringer it can be 66, 33 or other pulse rate I can't remember.
    Retired - Refrigeration Pipefitter - Master Electrician- Iowa
    Lots of Hobbys

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another electrical shock / safety question:

    Phone is about 70 volts
    It will shock you.
    It considered low voltage and voltage above 70 volts is not low voltage.

    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    As I recall its 105 volts and pulsed DC depending on the phones ringer it can be 66, 33 or other pulse rate I can't remember.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another electrical shock / safety question:

    Unless you talk to a sparky, most of those guys consider anything 220 and Below low voltage.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Clovis California
    Posts
    1,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Another electrical shock / safety question:

    NEC low voltage is 70 volts and below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fnord5 View Post
    Unless you talk to a sparky, most of those guys consider anything 220 and Below low voltage.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,603,590,227.80999 seconds with 11 queries