+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Machine day! Mori-Seiki MV-55!

Post Thanks / Like

New Machine day! Mori-Seiki MV-55!

Have been looking for a bigger machine for a while now. My Bridgeport Boss 5 worked great but was too small, My Leadwell runs but is a pain to run programs on, so I sold the Bridgeport a few months ago and started looking. I found this MV-55 about a hour and a half away and decided to pull the trigger on it. Its a heavy SOB weighing in around 22,000 lbs. Ran good when I went to look at it and also came with a Troyke 4th axis. Riggers loaded it with a 40-60 Versalift which is a amazing forklift. Trucked it up here and unloaded it with a 30 ton Manitex crane truck. Set it on Hilman rollers in the doorway and skated it all the way to the back of my shop. Lots of porta power work and repositioning the skates to get it to go where it needed to be. Its 240 80A 3ph and I only had a 30A feed where the Bridgeport sat so I need to run a new breaker, feed, and disconnect to the back wall. Got a temporary 30A to it just to charge the batteries for now. If it loses parameters its a pain to reprogram. For some reason this was harder to move than the pressbrake. Took 2 days to get it up here and into place.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Machine day! Mori-Seiki MV-55!

Nice! but why is that truck flyin an oversize sign? loads within 102" wide and 22k isn't even close to overweight, next gonna have to start the thread on the new shop expansion

Post Thanks / Like

It is bigger than it looks, actually hangs over the trailer. Was 114" wide. I could have pulled the surround off of it but that is a really big pain, all the seams are sealed and bolted under piles of chips. I was really nervous about the beam in the last pic. On skates it just cleared by 1.5". Was hoping I didn't have to drop it to round bars. The new shop expansion has been going on very slowly, finally started pouring concrete 3 weeks ago. That's what all the W beams are for in the third picture. Just did some rebar cages last week for forms but that will be another thread sometime later. Going to do columns and a bridge crane again.

The wheat fields of Kansas,in a large metal building
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice lookin machine, Mori's are top notch.

Looks like a tight squeeze through the doorway.

Congrats,
    Steve from SoCal now in Hutch

Miller Dynasty 300DX Coolmate3 Speedway Torch
    Miller XMT 450 MPa plus with D-74 MPa Plus
    Miller Bobcat 225 NT
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    And a whole bunch of machines

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Mori family.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist