Thread: Newb in SO AZ

Post Thanks / Like

Newb in SO AZ

Hi Everyone,

I'm in Sierra Vista, AZ. 65 yo concrete contractor ready to retire. Was hoping to take a class at the local college but since they aren't open and I have little patience I went to TCS and bought a Hobart 140 Handler and all the bits, watched a few YouTubes and misc websites and made my first ever beads yesterday. Plan to do some light equipment repairs to trailers etc., fabbing some tool ideas I have and projects around the house. Lots to learn and I will take some courses as soon as the college has them.

Other hobbies are:
    Surf Guitar
    Mountain biking
    Shooting
    Whatever my girlfriend want to do

Neil

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Newb in SO AZ

Welcome from southern Az. Have you worked in a smelter, or reverb on a guitar & amp, asking because of the "reverb" in your username. You're the same age as me.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN

3. Likes Reverb Junkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Caveman, That's a reference to guitar stuff, in particular surf guitar music such as Dick Dale or numerous early sixties southern CA instrumental bands.

5. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reverb Junkie View Post
    Caveman, That's a reference to guitar stuff, in particular surf guitar music such as Dick Dale or numerous early sixties southern CA instrumental bands.
    I figured so, Our youngest daughter is into guitars BIGTIME, Shes got about a dozen or more, she wanted a guitar when she was 5, so we got her a kind of cheapie acoustic, next thihng we know she's PLAYING, she stayed on that for several years & started electric bass, we got her a bass for home & she played in church and a couple of garage bands & decided she wanted a green acrylic, so we ended getting a good deal on one, I think it's an IBANEZ, IIRC, they wanted $1200 at guitar center & I told em I wasn't konna pay that for it, & thee came back at $450 so I bought it, & she ran it through her FENDER bass amp, She participated in in a competition at guitar center after one of their associates heard her playing, in my opinion hr playing was the cleanest there, but she didn't have the showmanship they were after, she's a purist. She's 31 now & just provided our 10th grandchild, a little boy.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC MIG/STICK/TIG
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
    “Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
    We didn’t pass it to our children in the bloodstream".
    RONALD REAGAN