Thread: electric motor magnetic brake help

Post Thanks / Like

electric motor magnetic brake help

I picked up a chicago box and pan brake that was wired for 440 and Im going to change it to 220, its a dual voltage motor. Its a basic wye configuration so easy to do. lots of wiring diagrams but I can't find where to tie in the magnetic motor brake on the lower voltage, I don't want to run a transformer, I would rather just wire it and change the heaters. here is how its hooked up now im not great at electrical but I can usually figure it out. just dont want to let the magic smoke out if I can help it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: electric motor magnetic brake help

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    I picked up a chicago box and pan brake that was wired for 440 and Im going to change it to 220, its a dual voltage motor. Its a basic wye configuration so easy to do. lots of wiring diagrams but I can't find where to tie in the magnetic motor brake on the lower voltage, I don't want to run a transformer, I would rather just wire it and change the heaters. here is how its hooked up now im not great at electrical but I can usually figure it out. just dont want to let the magic smoke out if I can help it.
    Take a look at these.

https://download.sew-eurodrive.com/d...df/9PD0049.pdf

Post Thanks / Like

Re: electric motor magnetic brake help

thank you that answered my question. second row, example 1 and 2. thank you that link is getting saved
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.