+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Powcon 200sm process switch?

Post Thanks / Like

Powcon 200sm process switch?

Hi everyone is there an alternative switch for the weld process selector on a powcon 200sm?? If not, does anyone by chance have an extra they would be willing to sell? Do I need an identical replacement, or could I wire in a standard 3-position toggle and get away with it? My electrical skills are lacking quite a bit I found a schematic for it that I will try an post shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Powcon 200sm process switch?

Double pole/double throw

#1 is common for both poles. #4 is the other two contacts of one pole. #6 goes to one of the other poles contacts and #10 is the other for that pole.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you danielplace seeing it laid out like this visually is very helpful for me. I’ll go ahead and see what I can find as a replacement and hook it up. Updates will follow

Post Thanks / Like

It is just a bit different way to wire the dpdt switch to do what you want it to.

What is happening is the common of the switch is fed by what is likely the hot for the control power in one position it ties that to #4 and #6 in the other position it ties it into the #4 and the #10.

A double pole double throw is a very versatile switch. So many way to configure the wiring and make it do different things. Making a DC reverse switch with one is neat when you see how simple that wiring scheme is.
    Last edited by danielplace; 06-06-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you danielplace, I was able to cannibilize a switch from an old 3-phase thermal arc that fit the bill perfectly. Ran the machine in cc and cv mode this evening with outstanding results. They sure don’t make them like they used to.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist