+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greetings and a wanted post.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings and a wanted post.

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and am currently an on hold (due to covid) student about halfway through a welding program. The school closed down and we went to online classes but obviously without welding you can not pass normal welding classes. Our instructor was amazing in helping guys who has access to a place to weld at home get going. I myself have a place to weld and a tombstone 225ac but we are on SMAW III and GTAW II so I need to be running 6010 for one thing. My instructor had an ESAB Multimaster 260 he pretty much gave to me, but it's got a bad control board and a bad amp LCD. It'll run stick and you can adjust the amps. In Mig mode however you can not adjust the volts and they are maxed out. You can adjust the wire feed but anywhere below 8 on the dial it cooks the contact tip. Above 8, you're welding with a nickle sized weld pool. In Tig mode all I could do was burn tungsten back with a tiny pool. I called Airgas and they told me ESAB has discontinued the part number PCB1 838182. I am here looking for any leads to anyone who may have one on the shelf OR a for parts unit. In my searching I found a listing from an auction just 3 years ago where someone in Lansing KS bought 7 non-working units. Pictured below. Of course these sites don't tell you who won the auction. But maybe a guy on here knows a guy?? Any help getting me welding would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Name:  DK9447G.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  60.0 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings and a wanted post.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Shell View Post
    Hello all, I'm new to this forum and am currently an on hold (due to covid) student about halfway through a welding program. The school closed down and we went to online classes but obviously without welding you can not pass normal welding classes. Our instructor was amazing in helping guys who has access to a place to weld at home get going. I myself have a place to weld and a tombstone 225ac but we are on SMAW III and GTAW II so I need to be running 6010 for one thing. My instructor had an ESAB Multimaster 260 he pretty much gave to me, but it's got a bad control board and a bad amp LCD. It'll run stick and you can adjust the amps. In Mig mode however you can not adjust the volts and they are maxed out. You can adjust the wire feed but anywhere below 8 on the dial it cooks the contact tip. Above 8, you're welding with a nickle sized weld pool. In Tig mode all I could do was burn tungsten back with a tiny pool. I called Airgas and they told me ESAB has discontinued the part number PCB1 838182. I am here looking for any leads to anyone who may have one on the shelf OR a for parts unit. In my searching I found a listing from an auction just 3 years ago where someone in Lansing KS bought 7 non-working units. Pictured below. Of course these sites don't tell you who won the auction. But maybe a guy on here knows a guy?? Any help getting me welding would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Name:  DK9447G.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  60.0 KB
    Try Midwest Welding Eq Repair 419 953-5964 OR Arc source Midwest 515 261-4610 OR DCF Services 507 285-9652 Good Luck !
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Try Midwest Welding Eq Repair 419 953-5964 OR Arc source Midwest 515 261-4610 OR DCF Services 507 285-9652 Good Luck !
    Will do tomorrow, Thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Also check with Innovat Corp. they may be able to help.

https://innovatcorp.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cwby View Post
    Also check with Innovat Corp. they may be able to help.

https://innovatcorp.com/
    X2. They repaired a board for an old ESAB for me and did a good job.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Covid had just started when I was in welding school. We argued with the dean that the U/V and Infrared light from welding would sterilize any virus or bacteria in our lab area, so we were the only class that was able to continue while the rest of the school was shut down.

Andy
    ESAB 350 MPI
    ESAB 330I CVCC
    Lincoln Idealarc 250
    Eastwood TIG 200
    Hobart Ironman 240
    Hobart Plasma Cutter
    Lincoln 110v MIG
    CH 110v MIG
    MK Industries Cobramatic with Prince XL
    Miller XR Wire Feeder

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist