+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eastwood tig 200 ac/dc welder issue

Post Thanks / Like

Eastwood tig 200 ac/dc welder issue

Yes I know, throw it away and get something that isn't a POS...
    I have an Eastwood tig 200 ac/dc welder that will establish a full arch but will only do so at what seems to be the lowest amp setting. I have tried using the pannel controls and also the peddle with zero changes to amperage in the arch.
    I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue or would possibly know where to start looking for the issue. I have pulled it appart and none of the boards show any signs of damage. Contacted Eastwood and due to COVID, it seems like they only have their B team there so was not much help at this time as their repair department is closed.
    If anyone knows a good source for parts would also be of a great help.
    Last edited by jesusday; 07-02-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eastwood tig 200 ac/dc welder issue

When you get a chance give me a call and I will try and help you out with it.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have that machine. It's pretty simple. If you are using a torch-mounted momentary on-off switch, make sure it is on "panel". If you are using the pedal, make sure to set that switch to pedal. If the pedal has an amperage adjustment like the older pedal (not sure if they changed it), make sure you set your max amperage there. Correct welding parameters aside, if you cannot get an arc going with either of those two methods, then you may want to double check your shielding gas to be 100% argon, although I suspect you would have mentioned that your tungsten is oxidizing if that wasn't the case.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

hello there.......I too have an Eastwood Tig 200 ac/dc welder that has what appears to be the opposite problem. No matter what amperage I set it on it appears to be a very high amperage and will burn through lighter material like a blow torch. Whether using the torch trigger set on panel or using the pedal with the switch set on pedal, I get the the same result even set on 10 amps. I too have contacted Eastwood and have been waiting a couple of weeks to hear from them. The welding unit has been my garage since 2012 and has less than one hour of welding time on it, believe it or not. I'm rather bummed out having only gotten that little use out of it. I'm hoping that I will hear something soon from Eastwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Nortcom, let me know if you get it figured out. I am assuming it is the front board that is shot but nothing is sticking out in it. Contacting eastwood, it sounded like this older machine is too old for then still having parts, and their shop is closed for covid so couldn't really do anything at this time. They did offer half off which was pretty nice... haven't took that up at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello jesusday.....been snooping around and came up with some interesting info.....found out that our tig machines are made by a company in China called Linlong Welding Equipment Co........you can reach them at linlongwelding.com......I haven't tried them yet but sounds promising!......found out on Eastwood's website that the machines are designed here in the states and built in China to American specs......hoping we might be able to get some help from them if Eastwood can't help us.

Post Thanks / Like

Eastwood was sold and is under new management, sever's is not like it used to be. If I can help let me know.
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

Post Thanks / Like

Man, that's great info, I'm going to check that out. I couldn't not find anything when I was searching.

That's no good, hope it's just a teething stage..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist