+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for small shops to build my tornado shelter -- where may I post request?

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for small shops to build my tornado shelter -- where may I post request?

It's made out of 1/4" mild steel plate, 7' wide section rolled to 3' radius, ends welded on and doors fabricated.

I built the prototype that was tested by myself with a small MIG and Plasma cutter (rolling and breaking done by steel supplier)

Then I took it to Texas where it was hit by 4 two by fours fired out of air cannon and -- much to the surprise of the head testing engineer -- it passed with flying colors.

So I'm looking for some small shops to build them for local markets.

Is there a forum where I could post this offer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for small shops to build my tornado shelter -- where may I post request?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post
    It's made out of 1/4" mild steel plate, 7' wide section rolled to 3' radius, ends welded on and doors fabricated.

I built the prototype that was tested by myself with a small MIG and Plasma cutter (rolling and breaking done by steel supplier)

Then I took it to Texas where it was hit by 4 two by fours fired out of air cannon and -- much to the surprise of the head testing engineer -- it passed with flying colors.

Service Provider Subforum is down below here in the WeldingWeb MarketPlace section, or someone will chime in here. Id do it for ya if i was closer to you. Sounds intresting. How are gonna anchor this thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for small shops to build my tornado shelter -- where may I post request?

It bolts down to concrete slab with a bunch of 1/2" bolts.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Turkey View Post

This lad might be able to do it... reecewestfall@gmail.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist