Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Heres another roundtop thread Dave,

    Fly,
    heres a few pics of the inside,,,,

    .

    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 153
Size:  81.2 KB
    Name:  9.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  81.0 KB
    Name:  10.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  116.3 KB
    Name:  12.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  91.7 KB
    Name:  13.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  93.1 KB
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  2. Likes FlyFishn liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Name:  18.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  111.7 KB
    Name:  20.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  103.3 KB
    Name:  22.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  101.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_1933.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  144.9 KB
    Name:  4.JPG
Views: 148
Size:  69.2 KB
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  4. Likes docwelder liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  70.2 KB
    .

    .

    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  103.9 KB
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  6. Likes 12V71 liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Excellent pictures. Thanks for sharing.

    I am not sure I want to quite go to that extreme with the shining up of the straps. I will clean them all off, that's for sure, just not sure going to bare copper is worth it. I do want my machine to be functional before too long.

    The straps on mine are painted. I assume that is the way they are supposed to be.

    Did that machine in the pictures come with the tube loop on top? I have seen several variations of chord hangers etc. I was under the impression those were all user-added/not orderable options.

  8. #5
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    3,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    Name:  5.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  70.2 KB
    .

    .

    Name:  1.JPG
Views: 149
Size:  103.9 KB
    Any idea if that yellow/orange color was an original custom paint job from the factory? Seen that on some industrial equipment that the owners bought enough equipment to justify the factory changing the colors. Looked at an SAE 300 once that was factory painted yellow for Warren construction.

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    Any idea if that yellow/orange color was an original custom paint job from the factory?
    .
    I'd say it was repainted at some point..... You can make out some original? red paint in a few spots...

    fly, The "loop" .... I assume you mean the handle? yeah I assume it came stock... kinda hard to wheel it around without the handle.... the wheels are only on the front side.
    it needs to be leaned back...
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    The only unfortunate thing about my machine is the face plate.... He started to clean it up... then realized the black paint was coming off...

    I'd like to find a repro. ID plate for the front..... I contacted a couple places but, No Bueno
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

  11. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    fly, The "loop" .... I assume you mean the handle? yeah I assume it came stock... kinda hard to wheel it around without the handle.... the wheels are only on the front side.
    it needs to be leaned back...
    OK. Yes, that is what I meant. Mine has a 3 wheel cart and a lifting eye. So I suppose like you say if you only have 2 wheels you need to tip it like a hand truck to move it = need the bigger loop handle.

    Quote Originally Posted by John T View Post
    The only unfortunate thing about my machine is the face plate.... He started to clean it up... then realized the black paint was coming off...
    I've been curious about that. I want to be careful of the black on the labels with different cleaners. Do you know what was tried on it = what not to use?

  12. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Under a Rock
    Posts
    5,485
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: For Flyfishn (and Welder Dave)

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyFishn View Post
    .Do you know what was tried on it = what not to use?
    sorry, no idea.

    I would only use something like simple green... or similar... to remove the dirt only. nothing abrasive or strong.
    Miller 211
    Hypertherm PM 45
    1961 Lincoln Idealarc 250
    HTP 221


    True Wisdom only comes from Pain.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,603,508,211.26318 seconds with 13 queries