Size:  221.3 KB

Name:  tire repair3.JPG
Views: 764
Size:  205.6 KB

If it makes it through the day, I'll be 100% dipped in gooooook

2. Likes AlabamaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farmersammm's Tire Repair

time for newer tires, those are dry rotted beyond repair..unless you want to foam fill them, but if you had them loaded you wont get the weight back...that patch wont do squat, maybe if it was on the inside it would make a small difference..if they are tubed, let the air out and use some paracord and stitch the crack closed, then put the patch on the inside..
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 08-25-2020 at 05:06 PM.

4. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And you're worried about people not wearing masks.... Yeeeesh.

6. Likes ronsii, thegary, bubmiller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rugrat View Post
    I was wondering if he made the repair while wearing a mask. Just saying.
    looks like he used his mask for the repair....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    time for newer tires, those are dry rotted beyond repair..unless you want to foam fill them, but if you had them loaded you wont get the weight back...that patch wont do squat, maybe if it was on the inside it would make a small difference..if they are tubed, let the air out and use some paracord and stitch the crack closed, then put the patch on the inside..
    I wouldn't waste foam on those, once the rip starts the foam crumbles out through the hole. Had a JD 644 loader with foam fill tires and learned that when the cords wore through. Used a garden hose and a chainsaw to cut around the tread of the rest of the tires and drove it around in circles until all the foam fill fell out and got 4 new radials put on it. Then had to add 1,000 lbs of counterweights to make up for the loss of weight of the foam.

9. Likes Hobbytime, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    I wouldn't waste foam on those, once the rip starts the foam crumbles out through the hole. Had a JD 644 loader with foam fill tires and learned that when the cords wore through. Used a garden hose and a chainsaw to cut around the tread of the rest of the tires and drove it around in circles until all the foam fill fell out and got 4 new radials put on it. Then had to add 1,000 lbs of counterweights to make up for the loss of weight of the foam.
    once you foam fill you have to cut the tires off the rims..a friend had to put new tires on a towns big pay loader and the tires were foam filled, he tried to cut them off and then the rims were covered, he just told the town it would be cheaper to buy the new rims than to waste all the time cutting the tires and cleaning the foam off the old ones...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    once you foam fill you have to cut the tires off the rims..a friend had to put new tires on a towns big pay loader and the tires were foam filled, he tried to cut them off and then the rims were covered, he just told the town it would be cheaper to buy the new rims than to waste all the time cutting the tires and cleaning the foam off the old ones...
    Mine had 25"(24"?) drop center rims, after cutting the center of the tread and driving it until the foam fell out, the rims looked like new, none of the foam stuck to the rims. Tire guy busted the old beads off and installed 4 new tubeless radials in 3 hours. It was quite the floppy rough ride on the sidewalls trying to bust out all the foam chunks.

12. Likes Hobbytime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Farmersammm's Tire Repair

The old they sold a "boot" that fit inside the tires. It was specific to tire size. Usually installed in tires that were in good shape.
    A tube was installed even if tire was tubeless.
    Sam definitely got his money's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BD1; 08-25-2020 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Farmersammm's Tire Repair

You missed the point. farmersamms tires are worthless and worn the heck out!
    I didn't miss the point. I stated a boot was used for tires in good shape.
    This was to inform those of you that know nothing about farming.
    Farmers get the last thread out of tires. They'll spend hours trying to make something work instead of spending a $100.00.
    I'm not referring to those with millions of $$ in equipment. One million today will cover one combine and tractor. Then you need 500 or 600 gallons of Diesel to fill them.
    It's the little guys like Sam and many others out there.

15. Likes bubmiller, N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, you definitly missed the point. First off, his tires are beyond repair or in good shape for repair. Myself having been raised on a farm and making ends meet means to me that you actually dont have a clue about what farming is. Stick to your so called welding and leave the farming skills to those that know what they are talking about by their own experience! How many acres of rice or soybeans did you farm? How many acres of wheat and rye grass did you farm? Take your BS lies elsewhere and stick to welding! Carry on!
    Being raised on farm?? Wow, you must not have paid attention.
    Apparently public relations isn't your specialty.
    What BS lies ? I've been farming crops and livestock smart-*** and I do know my **** on farming and welding. I'm even a UNION proffessional and donate my time to help others.
    It's better to let people think you are stupid then to open mouth and remove all doubt.
    Just saying.

17. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are not the only union professional here. But by your lanuage I can tell you are definitely not so professional! I am going to break protocol here of being a professional here and just say that I have a root that is dry and arid, so if you please, suck on it and provide moisture to it that it survives the drought!
    My condolences. There are help centers available.
    I know they are other professionals and members here that respect opinions from others .
    What lies did I post ? It's OK I consider the source .

Post Thanks / Like

The one sensible post on here was the one suggesting letting it down, pushing the tube back in, and stitching it up with paracord.

relatively simple, and will get a few more years out of the tyre.. hopefully.

20. Likes Hobbytime, Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just needs boot polish.

22. Likes ronsii liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist