Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Farmersammm's Tire Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farmersammm's Tire Repair

When I first started out, I had this guy buy some hay. We agreed on the price, and it was a done deal

Doooood brings his trailer, and I load it.

He shoves a wad of bills in my shirt pocket, and boogies..................................("Thanks young fella" he tells me)

I'm watchin' this guy go up the road back of the house, and I count the wad.......................................F'r shorted me 40 bucks

I didn't even bother chasin' after him. It was a lesson learned, and a good story to tell folks years later.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is...........if the dood got off on screwin' me outta 40 bucks.............like the dood that screwed me on a hay deal last Winter...........why lose sleep over it. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO PAYS THE PRICE IN HYPER TENSION, AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE. I like life on an even keel. K'kins agrees. It's why we're still together, and happy as clams. We enjoy life.

Most of the people that screwed me over the years are in the grave. I'm still here, and enjoying life. There's somethin' to be said for that.

3. Likes thegary liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    When I first started out, I had this guy buy some hay. We agreed on the price, and it was a done deal

Doooood brings his trailer, and I load it.

He shoves a wad of bills in my shirt pocket, and boogies..................................("Thanks young fella" he tells me)

I'm watchin' this guy go up the road back of the house, and I count the wad.......................................F'r shorted me 40 bucks

I didn't even bother chasin' after him. It was a lesson learned, and a good story to tell folks years later.
    LOL!!! that's the story you told k'kins... but did she search your boots???

5. Likes farmersammm, thegary, shortfuse liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW......................ROFLMAO.........Miami is pronounced My-am-uh around here. Kinda like Prague.........which is pronounced Pr(long A)g. Prayyg. This be Oklohoma ROFL
    And Missouri is pronounced "Miz-ura", not "Mizz-ur-ee". (Found that out when we moved to Arkansas..."Ar-kan-saw") LOL

7. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think I've ever heard Arkansas pronounced with a "sas", is that a thing - anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda like 'Aus-trail-ya' or 'Aus-trawl-yah'

Post Thanks / Like

You mean "Stray-a" as per local lingo but you still didn't answer my question, sorry about being an ignorant strayan but I was hoping to find out

Post Thanks / Like

K'kins went to the ATM this morning, before I got on the road at 9. She brought back $500, which is what I thought I would need. So, actually, because I didn't plan ahead, I didn't have enough money on me. I'd imagine the unmounted tire would have cost around $200, so I was $100 short. I hadn't planned on buying more than one tire, just enough to get back running again. And, I couldn't ask the guy to take a check from someone midway down the State. These were in Miami, about maybe 2, or so miles from the State line. once you actually got to the doood's place.. Almost in Missouri.

Sad thing is............a trip like this used to be sorta fun. Stop and eat somewhere along the way always is fun for me (she didn't come this time,, and I can't blame her). But this damn Covid thing makes it impossible to stop anywhere. I had a good breakfast, and didn't eat till I came home.

K'kins said she'd come next time, so we can pack a picnic sorta thing, and stop somewhere on the way down, or way back, to eat. Eating is my biggest pleasure when traveling these days. I've gotten HUGELY tired of driving. I hate it these days. I'm not young anymore................but I still push it. Don't stop till the trip is over. Can't shake the old ways I guess.
    just go to an ATM by the guy you were buying tires from????
    Last edited by Hobbytime; 09-08-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    just go to an ATM by the guy you were buying tires from????
    K'kins is the only one who has a debit card. I won't have one........too dangerous IMHO. I don't like them because they're linked to your bank account, whereas a credit card ain't.

I carry one credit card with no PIN# activated. I just feel safer if nobody has any more access than necessary if I should lose the thing,, or get the number pirated. Matter of fact...........I had to pay at the pump a few weeks back because I'd forgotten my mask at home. I immediately canceled the credit card, and got a new one that evening. Card readers at pumps are generally WIFI. All somebody has to do is sit in the parking lot, and get your number. Or substitute their card reader in the pump.

Even with my "safety" measures, I'm sure I'm vulnerable in some way. It's a dangerous world out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woznme View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard Arkansas pronounced with a "sas", is that a thing - anywhere?
    Some do the "sas", but usually only once......the grammer hammers get them.

14. Likes Woznme, ronsii liked this post