Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Primeweld MIG 180

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Primeweld MIG 180

    Is anyone running the latest version of the Primeweld MIG 180 machine? With such a good reputation surrounding their AC/DC TIG, I'm wondering if their MIG is receiving the same praise.

    Just looking at it, I don't imagine it offers much difference from the tons of other imported MIG machines. But, again, this company seems to be getting a lot of attention and praise. A budget MIG that isn't a trainwreck internally and backed by a good warranty can be a good thing. Plus, it would seem like a good combo with the AC/DC TIG machine.

    Been sitting on the fence about doing these two Primeweld machines vs an Everlast Lightning 225.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    I just checked the specs, seems like a lot for the money. I would look on primewelds site and call the #. When I bought my primeweld 225 I talked to the owner and he was a no BS dude. Be sure to let us know if it works out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    I have emailed these guys a few times over the last 2 weeks with no response to my questions. Everyone raves how good the customer service is. I could call but was turned off by no response to my emails.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA Kelseyville, CA
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Alex Jordan did a review on it recently.

    He also has a Primeweld 225. He had a Syncrowave 250 that he got rid of when he got the Primeweld 225, so he seems pretty happy with it. I think he's a pretty darn good fabricator for such a young guy. He certainly knows what he's doing, but this is his first Mig.

    Kind of impressive that it has Stick on a Mig at such a inexpensive price.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiburi View Post
    I have emailed these guys a few times over the last 2 weeks with no response to my questions. Everyone raves how good the customer service is. I could call but was turned off by no response to my emails.
    That seems very odd.
    Are you sending to info@primeweld.com?
    They are also on Facebook via the Primeweld group. In the past Dustin was very responsive there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    David that's the email I used. I guess they are very busy.

  7. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    I expect so. They just got a new shipment of 225ís so they are likely all hands on deck getting them out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    2,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiburi View Post
    David that's the email I used. I guess they are very busy.
    You should have called. So what do you want to know?
    www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com
    Plasma Cutter and Welder Sales and Repairs--Ebay store
    Tec.Mo. Dealer Consumables for the PT and IPT torch's

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Thanks but I went with a different manufacturer all together.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Thanks for the offer but I went with a different manufacturer. Scares me when no response to emails and they are a small outfit.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA Kelseyville, CA
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiburi View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I went with a different manufacturer. Scares me when no response to emails and they are a small outfit.
    Curious, which vendor did you go with that responded to your emails promptly? My experience with Primeweld is the email is hit/miss, but if I was persistent to send my inquire in, Mike would respond. Which vendor provided better email response?

    I have found that not very many welding companies are very prompt to reply to email.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Curious, which vendor did you go with that responded to your emails promptly? My experience with Primeweld is the email is hit/miss, but if I was persistent to send my inquire in, Mike would respond. Which vendor provided better email response?

    I have found that not very many welding companies are very prompt to reply to email.
    I have interacted with Mike at primeweld a few times, always by phone always got an answer.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA Kelseyville, CA
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    I have interacted with Mike at primeweld a few times, always by phone always got an answer.
    I have gotten email responses from Mike and Dustin both, just not persistent. Phone works best with them, and I felt much more comfortable after I spoke to Mike on the phone. He assured me that if for any reason I was unhappy with the machine, he would refund all of my money and pay for shipping on top of it.

    My main concern was the ability of the Stick, but as it turns out it does everything Mike said it could do, plus. I have since gotten a Miniarc 180i which is a great stick machine.

    BTW, the Primeweld Mig 180 is quite a nice package considering it has Stick capability also, and in Alex Jordan's video I posted above his Grandfather is laying down 7018 nicely. Few Mig machines (constant voltage) had Stick in the past (constant current). For a $500 machine that's pretty impressive.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    central Wis.
    Posts
    4,870
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    I have gotten email responses from Mike and Dustin both, just not persistent. Phone works best with them, and I felt much more comfortable after I spoke to Mike on the phone. He assured me that if for any reason I was unhappy with the machine, he would refund all of my money and pay for shipping on top of it.

    My main concern was the ability of the Stick, but as it turns out it does everything Mike said it could do, plus. I have since gotten a Miniarc 180i which is a great stick machine.

    BTW, the Primeweld Mig 180 is quite a nice package considering it has Stick capability also, and in Alex Jordan's video I posted above his Grandfather is laying down 7018 nicely. Few Mig machines (constant voltage) had Stick in the past (constant current). For a $500 machine that's pretty impressive.
    I watched that video, it does seem like a decent machine. I'm sure that miniarc is a much nicer stick machine though .

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Esab responded in a few days. Not saying Primeweld is a bad product.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Jose, CA Kelseyville, CA
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Primeweld MIG 180

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    I watched that video, it does seem like a decent machine.
    For $500 I'd say so.

    Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    I'm sure that miniarc is a much nicer stick machine though.
    No question about that, but it's not nearly the Tig machine that the Primeweld 225 is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiburi View Post
    Esab responded in a few days. Not saying Primeweld is a bad product.
    I don't have a lot of experience with Esab, but bought a Miniarc Rogue 180i about a month ago. So far I'm happy, but I will say that they had a promotion for 5 lbs. of stick electrodes with a purchase which I filed for when I bought the machine and so far no electrodes have showed up. Website said give it up to 6 weeks, so I'll do that. Point is, there is no perfect welding company, but Primeweld is not bad for the price of their machines. By the time I bought a valve torch and pedal I was just a tad more than my Primeweld 225 cost me. Entirely different beast though, so not trying to compare them. I'm happy with both my Primeweld and Esab. Most of the Rebels are at LEAST 2x-3x the price of the Primewelds.
    Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 1 Week Ago at 09:25 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,603,862,231.49188 seconds with 14 queries