Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just saved a SA-250 D3 152 from the scrapyard, need some help with it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Just saved a SA-250 D3 152 from the scrapyard, need some help with it

Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    LOL!!!! 'A touch' yeah, I've told people just a tiny bit of ether will help... they call up a few hours later telling me how it's almost running and it'll 'run on ether' -- so I show up and there's 3-4 empty cans of ether on the ground and two sets of jumpers running to the batteries...
    Yeah, I've seen that too. I guess you just have to know what's going on. One other thing I've seen with diesels that have done a lot of sitting is fuel racks in the pump stuck in the stop position (or full fuel in 2 stroke Detroits), I cant say on the op's engine, because I have no experience with those. But it is a possibility.

2. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Perkins can be a little finicky to bleed but talked to an experienced mechanic who said a a small shot of ether after hand priming with no bubbles wouldn't hurt. Small shot is 1 second not 1 can. A lot of people don't pump the hand primer enough. After the bubbles are gone you need to pump about 20 times more.

4. Likes machinisttx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    Perkins can be a little finicky to bleed but talked to an experienced mechanic who said a a small shot of ether after hand priming with no bubbles wouldn't hurt. Small shot is 1 second not 1 can. A lot of people don't pump the hand primer enough. After the bubbles are gone you need to pump about 20 times more.
    Believe me, I pumped it like it owed me money. I haven't gotten back to it yet. Battery is charged though, so I will probably fool with it again sometime this week. Going to bleed the injectors just to be sure I've gotten all the air out.

6. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have one of these there is a real fine screen in the sediment bowl MAKE sure it is clean there is also another screeen in or by the electric fuel pump you have to take out a small Phillips screw in the middle of the lid there is a Oring a small one my experience has taught me to change that oring they leak and makes it hard to prime