Thread: Repair Obsolete Dewalt D287 Deep cut Bandsaw

Post Thanks / Like

Repair Obsolete Dewalt D287 Deep cut Bandsaw

Got the saw several years ago for about 90 bucks. It was in pristine condition and the price was right. I did not realize it was discontinued . worst the blade would not track properly. It was always nearly half off a wheel and often pop off. Called Dewalt they informed me no parts/discontinued... but I should bend the shaft.

Finally I decided to look into it. Looks like the just stopped short of adding a tracking adjusting screw.

The photo is if the tension lever assembly under the front/non drive wheel. The top nut is the assembly pivot. The smaller screw is the tension lever pivot. The open slot on the left is a resting on a molded boss attacked to the case.

I solved the track issue by placing a flat washer between the boss and the assembly. It is visible in the photo. Not sure how to make it permanent. Though no issues with it falling out.

So, 5 years later...nailed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by tapwelder; 09-05-2020 at 09:08 PM.

2. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Repair Obsolete Dewalt D287 Deep cut Bandsaw

5 years ain't bad... I got things I should have fixed 25 plus years ago... I'll get to em' sooner or later

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Repair Obsolete Dewalt D287 Deep cut Bandsaw

a little dab of silicone caulking will hold the washer and have some give to it in case it needs to move a little...

5. Likes tapwelder liked this post