Thread: Critique these welds please

Post Thanks / Like

Critique these welds please

I'm trying to practice with my Lincoln Electric 140. This is with .030 wire and 75/25 gas. I've only really tried a few times in the couple years I've had it. This was on something like 16 ga 2" square tubing I had laying around. I'd like to make some end tables with a wood top. I used a wire brush on an angle grinder to clean them up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Critique these welds please

Quote Originally Posted by Mike E. View Post
    I'm trying to practice with my Lincoln Electric 140. This is with .030 wire and 75/25 gas. I've only really tried a few times in the couple years I've had it. This was on something like 16 ga 2" square tubing I had laying around. I'd like to make some end tables with a wood top. I used a wire brush on an angle grinder to clean them up.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Do a break test to see how they old up. If they just crack apart you have some figuring to do.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX3ea,Dynasty200DX,Th ermalArc400GTSW,LincolnSW2002ea., MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig4ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

By the looks of it I would say you need to weld hotter. The toes of the bead don't seem to wet out too well. It also seems a bit ropey (crowned).

Mikel

4. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I concur with Mikel 24..Turn that heat up!!! But seeing how your machine is a 140, it is 110.. Sell it for a 180 HD..220..You will love the extra heat!!! Thats what I have. I have had it for almost 10 years and love it..
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Welds last longer than Love...