+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freebies from a job site.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Freebies from a job site.

Good things are where you find them! And that is a world class find. (quoting from my now deceased cousin finding bales of Marijuanna in Key West, where he lived)

2. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

as to that milwaukee drill; been there and done that. unless i could rest the handle against a column or some other immovable object while drilling i might use it.
    i.u.o.e. # 15
    queens, ny and sunny fla

Post Thanks / Like

3/4" npt thread. I burned the armature out of a couple augering 1" holes through railroad ties, with a 3' cheater. I'd say a 18" to 2' side handle is what ya need for that kind of drill. Even then, be ready to get whacked.

Post Thanks / Like

We had one of them I think it was a Black and Decker, when i was a young snot workin in a coal breaker, i was usin it to drill some holes in some i beams we were gonna mount another feed chute to. The bit, i think it was 13/16", got caught and broke off, i fell into the busted off end of the bit in the beam. it went through my hand, my other hand was caught between the beam and the driil and i couldnt get off the trigger and the leftover spinning bit caught my shirt sleeve on my arm that my hand was impaled on the bit, i hollered and Dave yanked the cord out the plug. Had it not been for Dave i might have lost an arm or a hand.

After that and seein some other accidents up close and personal I have a very healthy respect if not fear about anything that spins, whether its a shaft a fan a drill.

Be safe

6. Likes 12V71, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you need to use one of those big drills, wrap the cord around your foot so that if anything happens you can easily unplug it. If it has a switch that locks on take the switch apart and remove the locking mechanism.

8. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hvw View Post
    Good things are where you find them! And that is a world class find. (quoting from my now deceased cousin finding bales of Marijuanna in Key West, where he lived)
    i'd kinda like to hear a lil more about it. how he came about it/value,year,how much and what he did and happened w/ it etc., and um, did the deceased part have anything to do w/ the bales

10. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye an old miner View Post
    We had one of them I think it was a Black and Decker, when i was a young snot workin in a coal breaker, i was usin it to drill some holes in some i beams we were gonna mount another feed chute to. The bit, i think it was 13/16", got caught and broke off, i fell into the busted off end of the bit in the beam. it went through my hand, my other hand was caught between the beam and the driil and i couldnt get off the trigger and the leftover spinning bit caught my shirt sleeve on my arm that my hand was impaled on the bit, i hollered and Dave yanked the cord out the plug. Had it not been for Dave i might have lost an arm or a hand.

After that and seein some other accidents up close and personal I have a very healthy respect if not fear about anything that spins, whether its a shaft a fan a drill.

Be safe
    Every time I hear about those accidents I think of this guy https://www.sierrasun.com/news/drill...rs-tale-on-tv/
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

12. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    i'd kinda like to hear a lil more about it. how he came about it/value,year,how much and what he did and happened w/ it etc., and um, did the deceased part have anything to do w/ the bales
    Yep, I was just hopin his cousin didn't get spotted pickin' up the weed, Isee trash bags or backpacks along the roads here, I'm tempted, but there's WAY too much cartel activity around here. There's been a few from our small town disappear and were later found with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the back of the head (AKA CLINTONIZED).
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

14. Likes ronsii, 123weld liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Every time I hear about those accidents I think of this guy https://www.sierrasun.com/news/drill...rs-tale-on-tv/
    Damn...thats scarey. I got a headache just lookin at that xray.

16. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 123weld View Post
    He owned a place in Key West and lived there during the colder months of the year as his "home" here had no heat or running water. One of his many hobbies was searching remote areas for stuff that came loose from boats or was discarded on purpose. Finding bales was not an everyday deal but happened every so often. He would bring the pot back to Georgia to sell it. Over the years he gave me pieces of mahogany and once some wood that was pinkish red and hard as a rock. All stuff that was found floating. He had no visible means of support for at least 25 years and was, all in all, a free spirit. Picking through his finds was quite an experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    Yep, I was just hopin his cousin didn't get spotted pickin' up the weed, Isee trash bags or backpacks along the roads here, I'm tempted, but there's WAY too much cartel activity around here. There's been a few from our small town disappear and were later found with a self inflicted gunshot wound to the back of the head (AKA CLINTONIZED).
    made me think of clintons too. instead of bales, it was parachuted crates filled w/ kilos, of a white clear like granular powdery substance, that routinely fell outa the sky near mena airport, while being gov/att gen. and they just simply killed about half dozen citizens that caught on , including them two kids they put on the rr tracks.

can you imagine being part of such an operation, and your little brother is selling half grams to the hs kids in the little town of arkansas

just listen to the coke-boozed fool. this bands name is "dealers choice" , - how appropiate. what an embarrassment to our white house/country, hillary probabaly woulda liked to make him dissapear. that was really thoughtful of bill to pardon him before leaving office

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hvw View Post
    He owned a place in Key West and lived there during the colder months of the year as his "home" here had no heat or running water. One of his many hobbies was searching remote areas for stuff that came loose from boats or was discarded on purpose. Finding bales was not an everyday deal but happened every so often. He would bring the pot back to Georgia to sell it. Over the years he gave me pieces of mahogany and once some wood that was pinkish red and hard as a rock. All stuff that was found floating. He had no visible means of support for at least 25 years and was, all in all, a free spirit. Picking through his finds was quite an experience.
    thanks for the story on that hvw, sounds like he enjoyed what he did

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist