+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black & decker

Post Thanks / Like

Black & decker

My wife read an article a couple of days ago about BLACK & DECKER, apparently they are coming back to the U.S. & building a new plant, I think she said in Texas. I know DeWalt is owned by B&D or vice versa & I think they are also Chinese, I wonder if that means DeWalt is coming back too?
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

2. Likes ronsii, tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black & decker

The B&D plant was supposed to go to Texas... i read that several months ago, but have heard nothing else. Also Stanley Black and Decker do own Dewalt.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

Mac

4. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've bought several DeWalt tools in the last 8 0r 9 years & am happy with the tools, but I hate their damn batteries, BUT that pretty much applies to all batteries.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

6. Likes ronsii, tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to say they are improved..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I haven't built anything I can't throw away. Perfection is the journey.

Mac

Post Thanks / Like

A close friend of mine works at the DeWalt center in San Antonio. I'll ask him to see what he knows.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

9. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I've bought several DeWalt tools in the last 8 0r 9 years & am happy with the tools, but I hate their damn batteries, BUT that pretty much applies to all batteries.
    What issues have you had?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    I have to say that I have several Dewalt 20v cordless tools and I am happy with all of them. I do not know where they are made but any company coming back to the USA is good with me.

12. Likes CAVEMANN, tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    A close friend of mine works at the DeWalt center in San Antonio. I'll ask him to see what he knows.
    So what my friend confirmed is that the recent B&D facility is up and running as some kind of distribution center near Dallas. It is not doing full-blown manufacturing as of yet, based on what he's heard. B&D does own some land in the DFW area, so there may be some more additions in the future, but he hasn't heard of anything confirmed as of yet.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

14. Likes tackit, whtbaron, DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw an article about them I read recently:

Most Businesses Were Unprepared for Covid-19....

https://www.wsj.com/articles/most-bu...ed-11599234424

Sep 4, 2020 - The 'cobots' that work alongside shop-floor workers at the Stanley Black & Decker plant in Fort Mill, S.C., can stack boxes of finished power ...

Products Made in the USA | DEWALT

https://www.dewalt.com/products/powe...ade-in-the-usa

DEWALT was founded in America and is still based in America. Each of our 7 US manufacturing facilities produces some of our most popular tools, including ...

I had heard rumors that they might move the main office from Towson, MD.

My boss loves Dewalt, and he's alway buying me Dewalt tools, and batteries. I been pretty happy with most of them(20V). I still have some 9.6v, 12v, and 18v
    I love my 4-1/2" grinder for cutting things real quick, won't last long. When I need to cut off a bunch(4 to 8) of 3/8'' anchor bolts , I'm done before I could roll out the torch and hoses.

As to coming back, they haven't really left. Like many successful companies they have always maintained a manufacuturing presence in the US with mixture of automation , robotics, and global sourcing.
    Airco 250 ac/dc Heliwelder Square wave
    Miller Synchrowave 180 sd
    Miller Econo Twin HF
    Lincoln 210 MP
    Dayton 225 ac/dc
    Victor torches
    Snap-On YA-212
    Lotos Cut60D
    Primeweld 225 ac/dc
    Primeweld mig180
    Miller AEAD-200

16. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The older NiCad 18/12v batteries are junk in any tool. They have memory and do last through the winter if they sit unused for too long. The newer Dewalt Li 20v batteries are way better as are the XR brushless tools. I have several now and love them.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

18. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by N2 Welding View Post
    The older NiCad 18/12v batteries are junk in any tool. They have memory and don’t last through the winter if they sit unused for too long. The newer Dewalt Li 20v batteries are way better as are the XR brushless tools. I have several now and love them.
    corrected.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

The Dewalt lion 20v max in brushed tools are what I'm talking about, although it does seem like the higher capacity batteries are better, I also know that some of it is me, I just don't use them like I used to.
    JEFF

21. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tapwelder View Post
    I've had batteries that didn't work after 3 or 4 charges, I've started buying the higher capacity batteries & they seem better, mine's strictly home use & probably don't get used like they need to be.
    JEFF

23. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had batteries that didn't work after 3 or 4 charges, I've started buying the higher capacity batteries & they seem better, mine's strictly home use & probably don't get used like they need to be.
    I had similar experiences with their early lithium batteries. All my batteries powered tool for work with bigger packs have been great.

25. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would hope they both come back
    Black and Decker and Dewalt merge together.
    Now the home owner line is Black and Decker
    The Dewalt is heavy duty line.
    At time all my tools where the industrial line of Black and Decker

Now they are Dewalt The only tools I have left that is Black and Decker is 3/4" mag drill and a 1/2" right angle drill.
    Both are tanks not for weak

They both where the tank of hand power tools. I no longer by Black and Decker.
    Today it is only Dewalt

Sounds like good news for all american.

Thank you for update ☺️
    Dave

My wife read an article a couple of days ago about BLACK & DECKER, apparently they are coming back to the U.S. & building a new plant, I think she said in Texas. I know DeWalt is owned by B&D or vice versa & I think they are also Chinese, I wonder if that means DeWalt is coming back too?
    Last edited by smithdoor; 09-20-2020 at 08:44 PM.

27. Likes tackit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Black and decker Used to be the best power tools you could buy. I have two 9'' angle grinders and a Wildcat
    Heavy duty drill. Bought in the UK back in the 1970s Used hard for farm repair and fabrication. Only repair ever needed
    new brushes. But now B & D is cheap imported rubbish. I bought a new 9" angle grinder on e bay. Smoked it the first time I used it. The seller knew they were poor quality Gave my money back. and said don't bother to return it
    I suppose it's much the same now with all the one time proven brand names. I was looking at a bosh Grinder in
    Princess auto and it said on the box Made in China I have a lot of older German Made Bosh tools and like the old B&D
    Last for ever

Post Thanks / Like

I agree
    My Wildcat was hard for most employees handle and let get way two different employees it took out there zipper.
    Later my 9" Wildcat ran away one night.
    Today for my own used is 4½" Dewalt and a case of disks too.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Josey View Post
    Black and decker Used to be the best power tools you could buy. I have two 9'' angle grinders and a Wildcat
    Heavy duty drill. Bought in the UK back in the 1970s Used hard for farm repair and fabrication. Only repair ever needed
    new brushes. But now B & D is cheap imported rubbish. I bought a new 9" angle grinder on e bay. Smoked it the first time I used it. The seller knew they were poor quality Gave my money back. and said don't bother to return it
    I suppose it's much the same now with all the one time proven brand names. I was looking at a bosh Grinder in
    Princess auto and it said on the box Made in China I have a lot of older German Made Bosh tools and like the old B&D
    Last for ever
    Last edited by smithdoor; 09-20-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got back from Sacramento where I purchased a Dewalt 20v Brushed DCF885 1/4" impact screw gun and 5AH battery for $50.00 I can't complain. It works and the battery was cheaper for the cost of a new battery which is great for me. Cheap battery and free tool with it. Woo hoo. Score.

31. Likes ronsii, MinnesotaDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm the moron I've always been Anything to do with heavy duty use aka metal.............it has to have a cord, or I won't buy it. And..........I suppose it has to be corded when I work with wood too. I'm a f'n dinosaur.

Post Thanks / Like

But.......I'm still nursing a pulled groin after tripping over an extension cord................ Batteries mighta saved me on that one.

34. Likes N2 Welding, ronsii, CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about welding cables.
    Welding cables are like water houses.

I only have cordless drill for light drilling .
    If try using batteries for hand tools it take boat load per day.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    But.......I'm still nursing a pulled groin after tripping over an extension cord................ Batteries mighta saved me on that one.

36. Likes CAVEMANN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Black & decker

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    You need to try the 20v line from Ridgid.
    I used a Ridgid impact driver on a single battery charge for two solid days framing and sheeting the inside of my shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

Post Thanks / Like

It's a sad day when you can buy a new cordless 1/2 inch 20v LION tool with 2 batteries & charger on sale for 99 bucks & a new battery of the same capacity is about 70 bucks. I don't remember what the capacity of the larger replacement batteries is, but they run 120 or 130 bucks.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    If Tesla Technology was not suppressed we would have no need for long cables. It'd all be wifi with low freq battery operated receivers to conduct from source to work. Welding and almost every thing about all of today's society would be a whole different lifestyle. Blame the suppressors of information for many of today's problems. Fear of something or wisdom of the other. One way or another there is a reason any time you ask your self what's really going on and you feel it in your gut nothing about today is normal or right!

Post Thanks / Like

test post

41. Likes albrightree liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist