+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problem starting

Post Thanks / Like

problem starting

About a year ago my Lincoln 180C began having a problem starting up. There would be no response when the switch was turned on. This happened perhaps once every 15 or 20 times that I started the welder. Over this past year the problem has become more prevalent and now it won't start about 4 times out of 5. Sometimes, even though it starts, it quits the minute I pull the trigger. Once it does start up it welds fine and will continue to weld without any problems until the next time I turn it off. Then when I try to restart it the problem repeats. It is not a heat related issue as it will do this stone cold. It is like a relay isn't working. The nearest service center is an hour and a half away and I hate going that route because it is like handing someone a signed blank check. Is there a repair/service manual out there on this model?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: problem starting

Sounds like a bad line switch. Take your code number to lincoln's web site and select the parts tab.
    it will take you to the service navigator. select browse as guest and then enter your code number.
    See want shows up. might be what you need to fix the welder.
    To open the full service navigator you new a user name and password.
    Mark the wires so you don't get them crossed. 4 wires to the switch.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist