Thread: New Lincoln Power Mig 360 MP Ordered!

Post Thanks / Like

New Lincoln Power Mig 360 MP Ordered!

Thought I'd share my excitement about a new purchase.

I ordered a new Power Mig 360 MP from Bakers Gas today! Can't wait to get welding with it. Went ahead and got the Optrel Crystal PAPR and the Optrel Clearmax face shield with PAPR, mig consummables, 44 lb roll of lincoln 70 series .035 solid wire and 33 lb role of the 71 series .045 gas shielded flux core. Got Optrel's new IsoFit headgear too. Will post pics once the welder and equipment arrives.

This is a once in a lifetime purchase for me and my first new welder. I inherited my existing welder, love the hobby and am ready to take the next step in a big way. My existing welder is just a 115 v unit and I found myself constantly needing to work with steel that is thicker than it is rated to weld.

Anyone welding with the 360? I know it is a newer machine and would love any feedback on folks experience with it. I don't think I'll have any regrets and you won't hurt my feelings if you haven't had a good experience with your machine or if you don't feel it is quite as flexible as some on the market.

This will be night and day more capable than my little Lincoln Weldpack 100. That is a fine little machine for light welding with self shielded flux core but I can't wait to have the additional capability and flexibility of this 360. I weighed this decision for at least 6 months and looked at the Miller 255, Esab 285, Fronius, HTP and even considered an Everlast. All would have served my needs but the user interface and adjustability on the 360 seemed to be about ideal for what I would like to do. I also like that the machine is a hybrid between a transformer and inverter machine. Seems to possibly represent the best of both technologies (and possibly also the vulnerabilities). Would love anyone's experience or feedback on the machine. I will use mine for mostly heavier gauge steel and eventually for some aluminum and stainless. I bought it to be a dedicated mig machine and love that it does pulse mig. Don't know if I'll use the tig process much but nice to know it is reasonably equiped for lift tig and pulse tig. I hear the machine is a really good stick machine too. Eventually, if stars align, I can see myself getting a dedicated tig machine. For now and the foreseable future I think this machine should be able to tackle whatever is likely to be thrown at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Lincoln Power Mig 360 MP Ordered!

I'm running an older PowerMig 300, basically a clone of the 350MP, and I've been eyeing that new 360MP for a while now. Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Lincoln Power Mig 360 MP Ordered!

Will do! Should have it by next Friday. Will get some pictures of some welds and let you know what I think. This said, I am a fairly new welder so my opinions will not be worth much. I’ve only welded with two other welders and done some oxy acetylene brazing. If I can figure it out, I might try to post a video on YouTube and put a link into this thread.