+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seal driver

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seal driver

Quote Originally Posted by Stick-man View Post
    Nice job Samm on the installer. I was fortunate enough to have a couple great truck parts sales dudes that gave me an installer for any Chicago Rawhide seal I purchased. I have a pretty goos set of them.
    I can remember when Chicago Rawhide was a standalone company, before it became part of SKF. http://www.brg-catalogues.com/Catalo...20Overview.pdf Seems that things constantly change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seal driver

Quote Originally Posted by Stick-man View Post
    Nice job Samm on the installer. I was fortunate enough to have a couple great truck parts sales dudes that gave me an installer for any Chicago Rawhide seal I purchased. I have a pretty goos set of them.
    I have bought some and made some. I have thought about buying or making some smaller ones but i still wouldnt have the one i need.

3. Likes ronsii, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Seal driver

Quote Originally Posted by farmersammm View Post
    It machined effortlessly, and I was able to take a very aggressive cut compared to the cheeeeeeezy expanding arbor.

Attachment 1717963 So, now I have two handles, and an arbor to make unlimited size alignment, and driving discs. This particular driver disc will go to 3.750 outside diameter. The small alignment discs can go from about 1.125 to around 3.500 diameter. Virtually unlimited sizes within the range. I can also make a larger/smaller driver disc in any range I need.........further expanding the possible combinations.

Attachment 1717964 You can see the versatility of just having to make the small discs for any possible seal ID.

Another great product straight from Uranus.
    hahaha amazing post from Uranus

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist