+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking to make friends and i just bought a Miller Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner

Post Thanks / Like

looking to make friends and i just bought a Miller Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner

Hi everybody my name is Martin and i'm from Ireland
    I just signed up here and i hope to get to know some new people. I've just bought my first ACDC tig welder it's a Miller Syncrowave 250DX tig runner its about 6 or 7 years old i only have it a few weeks.I'm going to get the pulser up grade for it i actually have it ordered just waitin on it to come from the US. I was wondering what you all think of the Miller Syncrowave 250DX?? It seems a really good machine to me anyways. the stick welding side of it is the best i have ever used...There is a lovely smooth arc on the tig side of it too.It would just be nice to hear people thoughts on it people that have had a lot of time spent on them.
    Also has anyone any good advice for me on a wire feeder to suit a XMT 304? I want to get a nice Miller wire feeder? if i could get one at the right price in the US i could get it shipped over ye never know... I also have the optima pulser for the XMT 304 i just got it the last day on Ebay so all im missing now is a good wire feeder. The 60 series feeder seems good the one with the micro processor in it...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to make friends and i just bought a Miller Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner

hi
    thank you..how are you?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: looking to make friends and i just bought a Miller Syncrowave 250DX Tigrunner

Welcome!

I have a 250DX TIGRunner and love it. I actually have had several of them and upgraded to newer machines several times. Each time I was able to sell the previous machine for more than what I paid for it, and that covered the costs of the newer machine. The one I'm using now is a 2013 so around the same age as yours.

I know it doesn't have the fancy functions you can get on the new inverter machines, but I get better results with it than anything else I've tried so far. All of the machines I've sold have gone to welding shops looking to add another machine, or to welders who wanted a machine for home like they have at work. They do take up some space, and need a lot of power to run, but I never doubt that the machine is going to work, and the only real limitation is my skill.

I've also had a couple of the older Syncrowave 250 and been very impressed with them as well. The oldest one I had was a first year production machine, so 1988, and it had a very similar arc...very smooth and crisp.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Syncrowave line is he workhorse of the commercial industry. I am in the aerospace side and use inverters now but have used plenty of Syncs in the past.
    Weld like a "WELDOR", not a wel-"DERR"
    MillerDynasty700DX,Dynasty350DX4ea,Dynasty200DX,Li ncolnSW200-2ea.,MillerMatic350P,MillerMatic200w/spoolgun,MKCobraMig260,Lincoln SP-170T,PlasmaCam/Hypertherm1250,HFProTig2ea,MigMax1ea.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my 250 DX too it will take me a while to get my welds looking real nice just practice practice practice!!! I think its a real work horse of a welder and i just love the look of it. The stick welding side of it is so good too I could not belive how well it runs 6010 rods it just eats them up. 7018 rods are so nice to run on it too i really see the quality in the Miller stuff now. I just got a MILLER XMT 304 CV/CC today i'm going to set it up for pulsed mig I must try and pick up a nice Miller wire feeder somewhere next I will probabbly get one in the USA!!. It welds rods so good to for such a old machine it runs like a new one great quality...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Yeah it seems like a relly sturdy built piece of kit i am really happy with mine i can't wait to get lots of arc time on it.I picked up a Miller XMT 304 cv/cc welder today it welds so good on stick mode both on 6010 and 7018.I plan to used it for pulse mig welding I'm going to try and pick up a nice Miller wire feeder next,Would you know of places in the USA that would sell them?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been running an XMY 304 with a 60 series feeder for years. I Run it all day every day and have been very happy with it and have no plans to change anything. I don’t have the optima pendant though, just haven't had the need yet. My feeder came to me through member 7A749. Not sure if he has anymore these days.
    I was going to be in Ireland this year for the Pipe Band Championships, but everything has been derailed this year and maybe next.

9. Likes mandylad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

do you have any pictures of your XMT 304 and the 60 series feeder and the way you have it set up? how much did you pay for your feeder?
    where in ireland where you meant to going?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist