+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intelligent Helmet

Post Thanks / Like

Intelligent Helmet

Dear Friends

I'm Saeed
    Mycolleagues and I are working on a startup idea, which is engaged in the designand production of an Augmented-Reality-based welding helmet. I try to explainthe idea for you: A helmet with an external camera and an internal LCD display,the welder just watch through the helmet's display(there is not any directvision through the helmet), the system shows you the welding area clearly andit adjusts the light intelligently to enhance vision quality in anysituation(welding or non-welding periods) and it displays the weldingparameters (such as welding machine voltage and current), welding zonetemperature and also alarm the detected defects, it may enable you to controlwelding parameters remotely too.
    To find out more about our potential customers and the market, we areseeking some information about the actual situation and will be really thankfulif you can guide us about them, youranswers will extremely help us through our way and can lead us to the rightdestination.
    Hint:It isn't necessary to answer all questions entirely, give us any opinion youhave.

1- Does it matter to youto know the exact preheat and interpass temperatures at the time ofwelding?
    2- How do you measure thetemperature now?
    3- Does it matter to you to be ableto control the welding machine remotely?
    4- How often do you recognize awelding defect by visual inspection during the welding?
    5- How much do you think that theability to know the exact temperature and control the welding machine remotelycan help you in reducing welding time/ increasing the weld quality?

Your answers and guidance are highly appreciated andwe are honored to show our appreciation by offering you a free trial of ourproduct whenever it is ready for the market.
    Thanksfor your time and consideration in advance.

BestRegards,
    SaeedMokhtari
    https://helios-helmet.com/

2. Likes Kenskip1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Intelligent Helmet

Very interesting concept. Have you produced this helmet or is it just a concept at this time?

As a mostly hobbiest welder, I currently do not measure any temperatures nor do I think I would use that data. The professionals may jump on this, especially for X-ray welds.

I cannot see how you would adjust the welder since both hands are occupied. Perhaps voice control? I don’t think I would use that. As far as making adjusts to the weld based on seeing defects or inconsistencies, sure - that happens in every weld. That is why seeing the puddle, not the arc, is essential to a good weld.

I can really see an advantage of the cameras and display as I expect you could be able to see the weld puddle much clearer. Anything that clarifies that would be a big advantage. Controlling the background and ambient light, clear vision of the puddle, minimizing the dark to light differences when striking the arc, and perhaps zooming in would all be terrific improvements.

I would love to test your prototype.
    Last edited by wb4rt; 10-27-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    Burt
    Hobart Handler 140

www.10FtDrillBit.com
    www.MyWelds.com - pictures of my work

4. Likes Kenskip1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Intelligent Helmet

Pretty cool concept. How will you manage to protect the camera sensors while managing a clear image,? Also with some of the higher end helmets out today, will you be able to significantly improve the image to justify the additional cost? I could see a wireless magnet mounted remote camera set up being good for tight spaces and the hemet being more like vr glasses. Still orientation would take practice. IDK,. I'm sure there are some applications. What price point are you looking for?

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist