Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54

Thread: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    I have a 5 x 5 with stand in my garage, was sure the website gave the weight, or I may have gotten it during a phone call with them, it's 2500 with stand.

    I had movers bring it to the house, lift it off the flatbed, I put castors on it and they were able to set it almost all the way in the garage (forktruck wouldn't fit ) then
    they pushed it in with the forks
    Are you able to push it yourself ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North East Ohio
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    I have a 5 x 5 with stand in my garage, was sure the website gave the weight, or I may have gotten it during a phone call with them, it's 2500 with stand.

    I had movers bring it to the house, lift it off the flatbed, I put castors on it and they were able to set it almost all the way in the garage (forktruck wouldn't fit ) then
    they pushed it in with the forks
    That was my next question. If I built a frame before the got here How would I get it off the truck onto the table. Do they send the top with a fork? I guess they would have to.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Reebz View Post
    That was my next question. If I built a frame before the got here How would I get it off the truck onto the table. Do they send the top with a fork? I guess they would have to.
    My guess is it would arrive on a pallet with lift gate service.

    You could perhaps use an engine lift with a chain and eyebolt through the platen to lift onto your frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North East Ohio
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    My guess is it would arrive on a pallet with lift gate service.

    You could perhaps use an engine lift with a chain and eyebolt through the platen to lift onto your frame.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    True. I have a cherry picker but I don't think it can do 2500lbs.

    Tell you more than you want to hear: We have 70 acres in Wv, I'm a retired science teacher I would love to build a 30x50 pole barn to work on the old car and weld in. I currently work in my garage its really tight. It will get better once the old car is movable. I just hate being so restricted. This table could work.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Reebz View Post
    True. I have a cherry picker but I don't think it can do 2500lbs.

    Tell you more than you want to hear: We have 70 acres in Wv, I'm a retired science teacher I would love to build a 30x50 pole barn to work on the old car and weld in. I currently work in my garage its really tight. It will get better once the old car is movable. I just hate being so restricted. This table could work.
    Not to discourage you but as Vaughn mentioned perhaps a rectangular configuration would be more efficient in your limited workspace.

    IMO 5x5' works best with lots of access all the way around.

    4x6' is a nice size..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

  6. Likes scsmith42 liked this post
  7. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North East Ohio
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    That is true. I was thinking of 4x6 5/8 thick, that was until I saw this thread. LOL. The current table table is 3x4 and is 5/8 thick and is good for 95% of my work. I listen you you I copied your jig for drilling a million holes and paid attention to the mag drill advice.

  8. Likes VaughnT, Lis2323 liked this post
  9. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Well, if it's any consolation, you can buy one right now... and leave it outside for a decade or two without worrying. Put a tarp over it to keep the rain off, and it'll last for at least a century while you get other thins sorted. Having an outside work area for some things isn't a bad idea. Worst comes to worst, you can always find a local buyer for it because most anyone that knows welding and smithing would be interested.

    As for moving it around.... you're a science guy! There used to be a science guy running around town bragging about how he could move the world if he had a level long enough. Don't know if he ever tried since I never saw the world move, but he was sure the science was on his side.

  10. Likes ronsii liked this post
  11. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    West coast of Florida
    Posts
    465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Are you able to push it yourself ?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes
    Name:  20201118_084204.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  131.8 KB
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

  12. Likes VaughnT, whtbaron, ronsii, 12V71 liked this post
  13. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    North East Ohio
    Posts
    292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    Well, if it's any consolation, you can buy one right now... and leave it outside for a decade or two without worrying. Put a tarp over it to keep the rain off, and it'll last for at least a century while you get other thins sorted. Having an outside work area for some things isn't a bad idea. Worst comes to worst, you can always find a local buyer for it because most anyone that knows welding and smithing would be interested.

    As for moving it around.... you're a science guy! There used to be a science guy running around town bragging about how he could move the world if he had a level long enough. Don't know if he ever tried since I never saw the world move, but he was sure the science was on his side.
    Archimedes was a pretty cool guy. lol

  14. Likes VaughnT, 12V71 liked this post
  15. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    9,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Reebz View Post
    Archimedes was a pretty cool guy. lol
    I always thought he was a bit on the screwy side....

  16. Likes Lis2323, 12V71, Reebz, whtbaron liked this post
  17. #36
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    4,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    I always thought he was a bit on the screwy side....
    Eureka!

  18. Likes ronsii, Reebz liked this post
  19. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    9,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    Eureka!
    Well... if you got it- you got it!!!

  20. Likes 12V71, Reebz liked this post
  21. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    9,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by 12V71 View Post
    Eureka!
    I thought way more people would have liked your eureka post perhaps a pic would have helped

  22. Likes 12V71 liked this post
  23. #39
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Wa. state
    Posts
    4,034
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Sure... Try to get me banned.

  24. Likes ronsii, Reebz, Lis2323 liked this post
  25. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    I'm honestly surprised nobody's posted pictures of their's yet. I would have thought they'd be snatched up... using that "But, honey, now you don't have to worry about buying me something for Christmas!" argument.

  26. Likes ronsii liked this post
  27. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    9,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    I'm honestly surprised nobody's posted pictures of their's yet. I would have thought they'd be snatched up... using that "But, honey, now you don't have to worry about buying me something for Christmas!" argument.
    There's a guy selling them with the support tables made over here...only $4,350

    Name:  platten-tables2.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  87.3 KB
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/b...234439725.html

  28. Likes VaughnT liked this post
  29. #42
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manitoba Canada
    Posts
    3,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    I'm honestly surprised nobody's posted pictures of their's yet. I would have thought they'd be snatched up... using that "But, honey, now you don't have to worry about buying me something for Christmas!" argument.
    It's not happening here either, but now you've really got me looking at the cast iron grates that came out from under the sow crates when I dismantled the barn. Not that thick and the slots aren't that neat, but for free they might make a poor country cousin...
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A

    Les

  30. Likes ronsii liked this post
  31. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    There's a guy selling them with the support tables made over here...only $4,350

    Name:  platten-tables2.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  87.3 KB
    https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/b...234439725.html
    I like that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  32. Likes ronsii liked this post
  33. #44
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    9,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I like that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He's north of me... that means he's closer to you

  34. Likes whtbaron liked this post
  35. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    He's north of me... that means he's closer to you
    All I need to do is get it dropped off at my freight forwarders in Blaine, Wa. ........oh and marry a rich heiress.


    Iíll get right on it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  36. Likes whtbaron, VaughnT, ronsii liked this post
  37. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,253
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by ronsii View Post
    There's a guy selling them with the support tables made over here...only $4,350
    Looks like a fair price, too. Brand new, definitely flat, and minty paint.... what's not to love?!!

    I really need to get one of those rich heiresses Lis2323 is hunting down. Hope I can get there before him!

  38. Likes ronsii liked this post
  39. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    Looks like a fair price, too. Brand new, definitely flat, and minty paint.... what's not to love?!!

    I really need to get one of those rich heiresses Lis2323 is hunting down. Hope I can get there before him!
    Iíll keep a look out for TWO. I call dibs on the better looking one....


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

  40. Likes ronsii, whtbaron, VaughnT liked this post
  41. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    Looks like a fair price, too. Brand new, definitely flat, and minty paint....
    Agreed. Definitely not overpriced considering the top is ground and it looks like the fellow knew what he was doing .

    If you add up the weight of new steel for the base and the amount of hours it took to build PROPERLY, it is actually very good value.

    Maybe when the border crossing opens I can convince Sid and Ronsii to make a road trip North.
    :

  42. Likes ronsii liked this post
  43. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    They are now listing 4x4 tables for $500....
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com


    Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

  44. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    3,446
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Acorn Tables in Ohio Area

    Quote Originally Posted by G-ManBart View Post
    They are now listing 4x4 tables for $500....
    That would be ridiculously cheap.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Page generated in 1,610,809,372.60476 seconds with 15 queries