+ Reply to Thread

Thread: syncrowave 351 questions. Jattus pulser box questions

Post Thanks / Like

syncrowave 351 questions. Jattus pulser box questions

I have a no options installed syncrowave 351 in my home shop. It works great, and i've never had any problems with it. I've always (thought) that having a pulser option on the machine would be cool to have and make my welds on stainless headers nicer, and perhaps make aluminum welds nicer too. I'd love to have a dynasty welder but they're generally twice as much as a full blown 351 whenever I see them on craigslist or ebay. There is a 351 advertised on FB marketplace that is close. Its a complete system with cooler, torch, cart, extra welding rod and a large welding table, for 3400. I would have to sell my current system, or whatever I didn't use, as I don't need two welders.

So for those people have a pulser optioned 351, is the pulser worth the hassle of swapping and selling? I have seen the company jattus has an add on box that goes between the foot pedal and machine that provides that funcitonality. Has anyone used it? The reviews seem good but its hard to know if they're real comments from actual users.

Also, has anyone tried using the remote foot pedal miller setup with this machine? Their info on the foot pedal doesn't really want to acknowledge their older machines that they don't build/support anymore.

Thanks in advance for any comments!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: syncrowave 351 questions. Jattus pulser box questions

the pulser is built into the control pcb. the pulser kit is just a pcb with pots and switches. But Miller no longer makes them. Parts for the 351 are going obsolete so I wouldn't spend a lot of money on another one unless you can get cheap and for parts.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: syncrowave 351 questions. Jattus pulser box questions

Ok thanks very much for that info. I figured the module would be pretty simple. I’ve ordered the jattus pulser box and should have it in the next few days. But I know where another 351 with pulser option is and I may one day go see if I can figure out what pots and switches go where.

Yeah I understand Miller no longer supports or carries parts for this beast. I don’t use it that much, and it doesn’t get used very heavily when it does so knowing Miller it’ll probably last longer than I will!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist