+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ln-7

Post Thanks / Like

Ln-7

I'm trying to hook up a very old LN-7 to an even older Linde power supply. The Linde has no plugs at all, dose anyone know how to Wire it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ln-7

I'm not sure if an LN7 runs of off 115 volt input but I think the drive motor is 42 volts. Miller drive motors are 24 volts but are fed from 115 volt input to a step down transformer. I'm not sure what voltage the Linde outputs but I worked in a vessel shop that had a Lincoln DC600 blow up running sub-arc. Blew the main circuit breaker for the shop and sounded like a stick of dynamite. I happened to be going to the rod oven and saw sparks coming out of the welder. I was going to shut it off but it went bang before I could get to it. They brought an old 800 amp Linde machine out of storage to run the Lincoln wire feeder on the sub-arc boom until they replaced the welder with a new DC600. Lincoln or Esab tech. support might be able to tell you how to hook up the LN7 to a Linde power source.
    Last edited by Welder Dave; 11-24-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I'm not sure if an LN7 runs of off 115 volt input but I think the drive motor is 42 volts. Miller drive motors are 24 volts but are fed from 115 volt input to a step down transformer. I'm not sure what voltage the Linde outputs but I worked in a vessel shop that had a Lincoln DC600 blow up running sub-arc. Blew the main circuit breaker for the shop and sounded like a stick of dynamite. I happened to be going to the rod oven and saw sparks coming out of the welder. I was going to shut it off but it went bang before I could get to it. They brought an old 800 amp Linde machine out of storage to run the Lincoln wire feeder on the sub-arc boom until they replaced the welder with a new DC600. Lincoln or Esab tech. support might be able to tell you how to hook up the LN7 to a Linde power source.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

LN7 runs on 115 volts. the old Linde most likely also uses 115 volts for the feeder.
    Now I need exact model name of the Linde. If there isn't a plug there should be a terminal strip. near a hole in the case. Couple of pictures will help. good clear picture of the front of the welder. remove right side cover, picture looking back at the rear panel and showing the whole side.
    If you look at the LN7 wiring. wires 31 and 32 are your 115 volts. wire 2 and 4 is the weld contactor control. Dry contacts.
    I have a few old linde books and might be able to look up the linde welder if I knew what model you have, Make sure you have a MIG welder and not a TIG welder.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist