+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to WDF, been welding for a long time.

Post Thanks / Like

New to WDF, been welding for a long time.

New guy, at least to the forum. However I had lurked for a while before joining.

I've got several welders including, a older 120vac up to 100amp stick welder, oxy/acetylene, and a C-K wire-feed with a spool gun for doing aluminum.

What bring me here is I want to weld magnesium, and have a partial start, as I acquired a MaxStar 1550STL that had been abused. I'll start another post with that debacle.

I'm also going to start stitching in auto body parts again. I had done a salvaged Saturn 25 years ago, which turned out very good, and now that some time is freeing up I thought about a few more restoration projects...

nbb

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New to WDF, been welding for a long time.

I will add that I'm in the market for a budget plasma cutter as well. Clean cuts to at least 3/8" thick, I have 5 hp air compressors so an all in one is optional. If it cuts 1/2" even if it's not real clean that is probably preferred. With the rust and body repair coming it will definitely be a plus.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome nbb

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the group

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! I read in the past that the 3-1 with PLASMA weren't too good, maybe things have changed in that couple of years, best wishes.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quick update on the 150STL (I'm not seeing an edit button on the old post to correct 1550) found that they had blown current regulation part and some supporting components. I got it up and welding, and someone that has used it previously stated it behaves like it did before. I'm looking for a technical manual (to buy) for this, to do some final checks to make sure I got it all repaired.
    I have been doing medical design for the past 20 years, specializing in power supplies (isolated low leakage to pAmps, and charging systems.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist