+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cutmaster 152 pierce capability

Post Thanks / Like

Cutmaster 152 pierce capability

Anyone have any thoughts on a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 152 being used to pierce 1-1/4" plate on a cutting table? It's rated at 1" pierce, the table vendor is saying it'll pierce 1-1/4", I'm thinking if it's rated 1" pierce that'll be max and more than likely 3/4" would be optimum.........Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cutmaster 152 pierce capability

Sorry, I can't say how it'll do on a table. I cut 1/2 regularly..........hand held standoff cutting with guide......and it really seems to be the outer limits of the machine if you want nice clean cuts. But.......I know Scott should be able to tell you more, and give much better results on his table. He might chime in on this.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply FS. I was thinking along the same lines. We all know there's a theoretical and a real life rating but trying to explain it to someone else is next to impossible.............M

Post Thanks / Like

152 Sam.. 120 amps.. I can do pretty well 3/4 even with the cutmaster 60i (3 phase) Here is my problem with piecing much more with a cutmaster 152. Means you will probably be running 120 amp or even 100 amp consumables . Takes way more work getting a good somewhat bevel free cut when you running too many cutting amps.. So yes it will pierce more then 3/4, but might not like the results .. It will take some time to get that stuff sorted.. The one torch just likes to use only as much power as it needs to keep the bevel down to a decent level..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    152 Sam.. 120 amps.. I can do pretty well 3/4 even with the cutmaster 60i (3 phase) Here is my problem with piecing much more with a cutmaster 152. Means you will probably be running 120 amp or even 100 amp consumables . Takes way more work getting a good somewhat bevel free cut when you running too many cutting amps.. So yes it will pierce more then 3/4, but might not like the results .. It will take some time to get that stuff sorted.. The one torch just likes to use only as much power as it needs to keep the bevel down to a decent level..
    OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking the CM52

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist