+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spoolmate 200

Post Thanks / Like

Spoolmate 200

Hello, I have just acquired an old spoolmate 200 power source with a 30a spool gun. Its missing the ground tap and cable. Does anyone know what kind of twist connector it is? Also is it possible to put a wire feeder on this machine to run steel wire? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spoolmate 200

Quote Originally Posted by Cturbo View Post
    Hello, I have just acquired an old spoolmate 200 power source with a 30a spool gun. Its missing the ground tap and cable. Does anyone know what kind of twist connector it is? Also is it possible to put a wire feeder on this machine to run steel wire? Thanks in advance.
    I'm not saying this to be a wise guy, but do you know Miller publishes all their manuals for free? You can go to their site and look up the manual and get a part number for pretty much anything....including that twist connector. I'm pretty sure Miller calls that the "Cam-Loc" style.

You can actually buy small spools of steel wire that will work in the 30a gun...more frequent spool changes than a wire feeder, but a lot cheaper.
    Check out my bench vise website:
    http://mivise.com

Miller Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 350P with XR AlumaPro
    Miller Regency 200 with 22A feeder and Spoolmatic 3
    Hobart Champion Elite
    Everlast PowerTig 210EXT

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not absolutely certain but I think that power source is a renamed Regency which had the ability to use a feeder such as an S-22.

4. Likes Rondo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No worries, i did that and wasnt familiar with the cam lock style plug, just wanted some confirmation before i bought one. Also i could run steel wire from the spoolgun, but i think id prefer a real wire feeder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    I'm not absolutely certain but I think that power source is a renamed Regency which had the ability to use a feeder such as an S-22.
    Yes an S22 feeder can be fitted to the Spoolmate. I did it back in the early 90's and you are correct it was later called the Regency. Nice little package.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

Post Thanks / Like

The spoolmate 200 i have came with a 4 pin spoolgun plug on the front and a 4 pin feeder plug on the back. The 4 pin on the back is for the S-52 115 volt feeders. a new R115 could easily be connected. We went inside mine and made some changes and mounted a 14 pin feeder receptacle on the front. so I can use it to test both 24 and 115 volt feeders. the welder is basically a millermatic 200 with the feeder removed.
    The 4 pin spoolgun plug is for the spoolmate 1 or 2 just have to make sure which one it is set for. one uses ac voltage and the other uses DC.
    Last edited by ccawgc; 12-26-2020 at 01:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist