+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make this repair?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to make this repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I agree not the best video but not sure why you're calling Sam out for one video. I do think it's good to watch video's before you post them though.
    Say what? What is with you helpers of crap? Just like samo's chosen vid he slings crap like King Crapetto as if he actually knows something. The vid is useless because the moron that produced it is more infatuated with his lazy voice and uselessly idiotic things that his lame brain thinks are IMPORTANT without using the material as what is like, ON THE DIRECTIONS. Fancy that! Now tell me why a person would do that other than to be dumber than we think they are?

Post Thanks / Like

The video is bad, which I basically said but I don't think everything Sam posts is. Post up a proper video instead of getting so bent out of shape.

Post Thanks / Like

It's no secret that I don't believe in quick and easy vs. time honored.

I'm skeptical as all get out when I see some miracle powder. I know people like this sort of stuff................after all.........it's easier to believe that the time honored way can be short circuited. In a way, it's a shame. I feel it's false expectations.

I dug up some videos that show other folks using this stuff. Using it with actual ovens that are capable of heat soak, or forges able to do the same thing.

Note that there's an acknowledgment that the case depth is not very deep. The heating methods are vastly superior to using a MAPP torch.

More footage using proper heating methods.

NOW FOR THE TIME HONORED REAL WAY TO CASE HARDEN MILD STEEL.

I feel about Cherry Red like I feel about JB Weld.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Welder Dave View Post
    I agree not the best video but not sure why you're calling Sam out for one video. I do think it's good to watch video's before you post them though.
    Because he’s very angry Inside. That’s how’s 95% of his posts come out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motolife313 View Post
    Because he’s very angry Inside. That’s how’s 95% of his posts come out.
    When I get to 9,000+ posts will I be a MASTER WELDER? Not angry, just disgusted with the endless need here to just barf out any old thing as if it was worthwhile. You Tube=Boob Tube, generally. Just tell me what thinking is involved with posting some yo-yo swearing constantly about something he obviously knows nothing about? And what value is there in sammy sawing on and on about something he knows nothing about? Generally, I'd say that most of the posters I've read hear that I appreciate have the fewer number of posts even though they've been a long time subscriber. They show up and post about something they have ACTUAL experience and knowledge about and don't do the stupid. I understand that this site is not strictly of and for professionals but my gawd it shouldn't be just a playpen.

6. Likes thegary liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist