+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In case you needed a reminder to wear eye protection (don't worry--no gore)

Post Thanks / Like

In case you needed a reminder to wear eye protection (don't worry--no gore)

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9pjwV_1609101794

Until I started reading this forum some years ago, I thought that my angle grinder was a completely safe, utterly benign tool.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Re: In case you needed a reminder to wear eye protection (don't worry--no gore)

The link says the post was removed by it's author.
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    The link says the post was removed by it's author.
    Sorry about that. The video showed an angle grinder with a disintegrated cutting wheel in it, and then showed the user's face and eye protection with a good-sized piece of the wheel embedded in it. Even with the protection, the user got a nasty gash on his nose and forehead.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Would this be a 4" death wheel ?

Quote Originally Posted by timrb View Post
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=9pjwV_1609101794

Until I started reading this forum some years ago, I thought that my angle grinder was a completely safe, utterly benign tool.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

For me it is better not to use safety equipment and know where the wheel is and how it is oriented at all times, which way the sparks will fly at all times, and which way the work will fly when it flies and what it might deflect off of when it does fly. I see new guys with their face right up to the disc trying to see through the dirty somewhat opaque shield. They are going to get hurt or die. I have never been hurt by flying objects but I focus all the time. Young people not at all. I did just have a hot piece of slag stick to my lip yesterday certainly not fun, I had my hand between my eyes and the part, but not my lips evidentally. The lesson I should have let it cool a bit more first and kept a stiffer upper lip.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
    If I wasn't so.....crazy, I wouldn't try to act normal, and you would be afraid.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist