+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fireball Square recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fireball Square recommendations

I'm going to get two fireball squares 12". Probably Mega. Have to save some coin

2. Likes VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LtBadd View Post
    It seems he's referring to Inox spray?
    Quite possibly as I have heard WD40 works also.

Nitriding finish is offered as an option on most high end weld tables. I was looking into this and apparently there are no tanks large enough in North America to do a 4 x 8 foot table top.

Most are done in Asia and Europe. Is this true? Anyone able to offer insight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

Post Thanks / Like

For spreading a length of 3/4" schedule 40 pipe and 3/4" threaded rod with a few nuts works pretty well. For a shorter one, a coupling nut and threaded rod works well.

5. Likes Reebz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Tagged fireball squares
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

My homemade squares in use this morning ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :

8. Likes ronsii, VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    My homemade squares in use this morning ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pencil holder...

Nice squares btw

Post Thanks / Like

Lis2323
    I would love a tour of that shop, sit, watch and listen. Being self taught I tend to do everything the hard way then find the easier path after a few years. lol. I'm making another Thread about "Mills" I hoping you and others can advise me. My son is a high functioning special needs kid. He took two years of machine tech in high school a Vocational training program and he works in a shop. He is pretty knowledgeable. Funny I show him some of your stuff and he tells me what it is and what it is and used for.

11. Likes psacustomcreations, whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Reebz you would be welcome to a tour any day but today would NOT have been a watch and listen unless you are interested in learning what not to do. LOL

Due to design flaws and miscalculations I inadvertently made “door stops” today.

And to add insult to injury not even good doorstops.

:

13. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that even the great ones make mistakes (Michael Jordan missed more game winning shots than he made). I hate wasting material more than time. As Bob Ross would say "happy mistakes" you learn from.

15. Likes VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

....learning what not to do....
    I can sit there for hours watching people screw up! The funny part is that I'll sit there knowing full well that what they're trying to do won't work.... but I always think to myself, "Hmm, they must have some kind of plan or design idea that I don't understand!"

If I say something, they'll get pissed at me for being a know-it-all. If I don't say something, they'll get pissed at me for not warning them ahead of time. A fella just can't win!

17. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

VaughnT
    As a teacher of science I had to hold my tongue on several labs, let them screw it up and REALLY LEARN rather than correct them and learn short term.
    I never said the following but had a great desire some days. Some say its inappropriate, use your judgement.
    Last edited by Reebz; 01-01-2021 at 06:34 PM.

19. Likes psacustomcreations, VaughnT, ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Reebz you would be welcome to a tour any day but today would NOT have been a watch and listen unless you are interested in learning what not to do. LOL

Due to design flaws and miscalculations I inadvertently made “door stops” today.

And to add insult to injury not even good doorstops.

You were probably in 'artist' mode I've made some great modern art pieces... but I doubt art connoisseurs would see the potential I put into them

21. Likes VaughnT, Capt B, Reebz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the magic square! I’m making a material rack. 3 degree miter to keep material from rolling off. The magnetic shims to center the 1.5 tubing on the 3” flat bar.

Miller Syncrowave 180SD

23. Likes VaughnT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    The Certi-Flat folks also offer a style like that, though their's doesn't go up to 24".

https://weldtables.com/collections/fabsquares

Also not in your shop....

I have the original adjustable square from Fireball Tools and love it, but it looks like Weldtables.com has done something a little different and maybe even more handy. I might have to put that on the list of things to buy in the near future!
    I'm interested in these, but I worry about being able to build it square since it only has one center plane to align the end plates. Anyone have experience with this stuff? Just how tight does it fit together?

I don't yet have a truly flat table which is why I really like the tabs on the fireball squares. Was hoping I could add some on to these... IF I can build it straight!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin6er View Post
    I'm interested in these, but I worry about being able to build it square since it only has one center plane to align the end plates. Anyone have experience with this stuff? Just how tight does it fit together?
    I don't have the Certi-Flat brand, but I did build a similar set when Fireball Tool first debuted them. Not having the straightest/flattest table, I was worried, but my biggest problem was with the welds wanting to pull things to one side or the other.

I bought the whole set of 3 and welded them up. I think I got them square enough for blacksmithing work, but I sure do wish I'd started out by purchasing just one of Fireball's cast Mega Squares so I could be sure I had a good reference surface.

I was surprise at how easy things go together and then actually hold in position with the tab-n-slot design. They pretty much self-align so you know everything's plumb and square because the tabs can't go into the slots unless things are pretty spot on.

26. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaughnT View Post
    I don't have the Certi-Flat brand, but I did build a similar set when Fireball Tool first debuted them. Not having the straightest/flattest table, I was worried, but my biggest problem was with the welds wanting to pull things to one side or the other.

I bought the whole set of 3 and welded them up. I think I got them square enough for blacksmithing work, but I sure do wish I'd started out by purchasing just one of Fireball's cast Mega Squares so I could be sure I had a good reference surface.

I was surprise at how easy things go together and then actually hold in position with the tab-n-slot design. They pretty much self-align so you know everything's plumb and square because the tabs can't go into the slots unless things are pretty spot on.
    Windows! Nothing like natural light for a workspace (except for heat treating)

:

28. Likes VaughnT liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist