+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quotes

Post Thanks / Like

Quotes

Why do we have to have pages and pages of the same photo? Or the same post? It must play hell with bandwidth. Besides, who wants to see 47 pictures of the same failed weld? Or failed trailer? Or political thread rant?

I think most of us, if our memories are so baked that we can't just scroll back for another look...this might be a perfect test to see if we're suitable to run for high office...or becoming a judge...

Instead of the prominent "reply with quote," can you make that option difficult to find? Maybe that would start the process to reform and make the thread-reading so much more enjoyable.

Great site, toast the quote!
    Do not believe everything that you think.

2. Likes ronsii, mechanic416 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Xsbank View Post
    Why do we have to have pages and pages of the same photo? Or the same post? It must play hell with bandwidth. Besides, who wants to see 47 pictures of the same failed weld? Or failed trailer? Or political thread rant?

I think most of us, if our memories are so baked that we can't just scroll back for another look...this might be a perfect test to see if we're suitable to run for high office...or becoming a judge...

Instead of the prominent "reply with quote," can you make that option difficult to find? Maybe that would start the process to reform and make the thread-reading so much more enjoyable.

To annoy people like you
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

4. Likes John Bartley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, but do you mean, to annoy only me? What exact characteristic do "people like (me)" have that makes us your target and are there any of us like me?

6. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, but do you mean, to annoy only me? What exact characteristic do "people like (me)" have that makes us your target and are there any of us like me?
    Just trying to be funny. You being in the group annoyed by multi posting pictures. Myself, I don't mind.
    An optimist is usually wrong, and when the unexpected happens is unprepared. A pessimist is usually right, when wrong, is delighted, and well prepared.

Post Thanks / Like

probably for the same reason people start threads complaining about quoted posts..........

Post Thanks / Like

...quoted so I can look back at it...fuzzy memory...
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

10. Likes Hobbytime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaDave View Post
    ...quoted so I can look back at it...fuzzy memory...
    Nice one Dave!

12. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Dave!
    you gota have a good sense of humor if you want to survive in this world..something the left libtard snowflakes have no knowledge of...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    you gota have a good sense of humor if you want to survive in this world..something the left libtard snowflakes have no knowledge of...
    ** reminder ** keep political insults (discussions) in the political thread please **
    Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
    Invertec v250-s
    Thermal Arc 161 and 300
    MM210
    Dialarc
    Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

15. Likes whtbaron liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist