Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: want used welding hose ferrule crimping tool

Post Thanks / Like

Re: want used welding hose ferrule crimping tool

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I've only used the hammer type. One would think a long handled swage type tool similar to one used connectors for wire rope would work best.

I also like using
    Oetiker clamps like WelderDave mentioned.

I dislike gear type clamps for this application. Even when when using the optimum size there's always that "tail"hanging out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I already have those black pliers from when I was a car mechanic changing CV boots/joints. Can you tell me what size I would need for 1/4" twin hose, and inert hose? I don't know the size system they use. Unless I just look for 1/4"??? LOL
    Last edited by Stick-man; 6 Days Ago at 09:09 PM.
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stick-man View Post
    I already have those black pliers from when I was a car mechanic changing CV boots/joints. Can you tell me what size I would need for 1/4" twin hose, and inert hose? I don't know the size system they use. Unless I just look for 1/4"??? LOL
    Yup thatís exactly what the black pliers were designed for. CV joints.

Iím quite certain thereís no sure fire way to determine clamp size due to different outside diameters of hose types. I would grab a handful of the four sizes closest to what you think you need to have on hand. Not very scientific but thatís what I do.

Oetiker clamps are usually cheapest at hydraulic and hose shops where they have them in bulk. Buy as little or as much as you want without paying for prepacks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    :

3. Likes ronsii liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    I have an extra. Still new in the box. PM me your address and Iíll ship it out to you.
    I got it today, thank you so much!

When I'm done with it I promise to pass it along to someone else who can use it.

metalmagpie

5. Likes Lis2323, ronsii liked this post