Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Viking 250 mig/2410 feeder
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Cutmaster

interesting. I see they have the same torch and consumables as the 60i. How do you think it will gouge with just 40 amps?
    Miller Multimatic 255

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it’s more reliable than the 60i.
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

Mine have all been perfect (60i. five of them)I am wondering if the tech at your LWS knows how to work on that unit? If they can't fix it correct contact another place. Keep Esab informed on progress. You just might neeed the machine replaced. Don't know if they did that yet of not?

The lower amp gouging at 40 amps will work well with the 9-8225 A nozzle.
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

They did fix it a second time and charged me $145 bucks. claimed a pin had pulled out due to being pulled by the cable. which i never do. As it only worked for 20 mins after the first repair I think the tech knocked something loose and I had to pay for his screwup. I am going to write a letter to ESAB and Praxair though. I doubt it will get me an resolution though
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    They did fix it a second time and charged me $145 bucks. claimed a pin had pulled out due to being pulled by the cable. which i never do. As it only worked for 20 mins after the first repair I think the tech knocked something loose and I had to pay for his screwup. I am going to write a letter to ESAB and Praxair though. I doubt it will get me an resolution though
    closed moutsh don't get fed and the squeaky wheel always gets the greese. I watched a guy battle With Suzuki for over a year and eventually ended up getting a brand new 250 outboard motor. Patience and persitance is key when dealing with customer service issues as well as being curtious when you speak with them. don't be all pissy and vulger about your issue. The CS did not creat your problem but can make it harder for you if they don't like you. .02¢
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

I good tech is worth their weight in gold..The companies that fix these things seem to always lay it on the customer when they can't find or solve the issues. Meaning you get to pay for them not finding anything because thy can't bill esab for warranty work.. Some of this stinks, and you really need to contact Esab to get anywhere.. Sometimes it's just best if the thing melts down into a pile of goo..
    Blue Demon 140 MSI
    Blue Demon 200 AC/DC
    Esab 160i caddy
    Esab CV353
    INE 1500
    Lincoln 250 Idealarc
    Thermal LM-200
    Thermal 60i- 3phase
    Thermal 15c
    Topshak 40 plasma
    Miller Regency 200/LN-72
    Weldcote 140

Post Thanks / Like

Have seen this power pin problem in quit a few of the sl60 torches. And I can't bill ESAB / Thermal Dynamics for it.
    They will decline it as a owner caused problem, and not a factory defect in materials or workman ship.
    Lately we take the plug apart and snap the pin back in place, then glue it in place.
    Most of the time when we get these machines my paper work says "unknown problem" Don't even ask for warranty repair.
    But on a two year old plasma the torch is out of warranty by one year. The one torch only has a one year warranty and if no sales receipt is supplied, we use the date of manufacture of the plasma . If we ask the store that sent us the machine for the sales receipt 60% of the time they can't supply it or the owner can't supply it.
    If you have a complaint call Gene Write at thermal Dynamics support group ESAB and talk to him about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Have seen this power pin problem in quit a few of the sl60 torches. And I can't bill ESAB / Thermal Dynamics for it.
    They will decline it as a owner caused problem, and not a factory defect in materials or workman ship.
    Lately we take the plug apart and snap the pin back in place, then glue it in place.
    Most of the time when we get these machines my paper work says "unknown problem" Don't even ask for warranty repair.
    But on a two year old plasma the torch is out of warranty by one year. The one torch only has a one year warranty and if no sales receipt is supplied, we use the date of manufacture of the plasma . If we ask the store that sent us the machine for the sales receipt 60% of the time they can't supply it or the owner can't supply it.
    If you have a complaint call Gene Write at thermal Dynamics support group ESAB and talk to him about it.
    Thanks. This sounds exactly like what the problem was. Which pin is it? In the handle, cable or connector to the machine

Post Thanks / Like

Torch plug that plugs into the front of the plasma. Normally if the torch is pulled on hard or with a sharp yank, the torch lead moves in the clamp of the plug and the power pin in the center of the plug moves away from the plasma machine. Then it looses connection with the plasma torch receptacle and it will not power on because it fails the consumable test at power up. The plasma must see a complete pilot arc circuit, and see it open and close with a puff of air before the plasma will power on and be ready to go to work. Some machines just set there and turn the air on and off and on and off ect. Indicates a torch problem or start cartridge stuck open.
    If the torch becomes hard to plug in, put a small amount of o-ring lube on the o-ring at the end of the power pin. Power pin is the tube used for the air supply to the torch and the cut power circuit. The ring of small pins is the trigger and safety circuits.
    If you or anyone here on the board want to make sure they get a good repair. please write out what the unit was doing and how it failed. any error codes or lights
    any repairs you might have tried. a little history on how the unit was used and what you were doing when it failed. Plus your contact information.
    Just sent a pc1300 back to the store because they don't know who it belongs to. Put information in a invoice packet and stick it to the unit.
    Question for you, did you get the repair and test sheet form the shop that repaired your plasma?

Post Thanks / Like

The new 40 amp TD Plas has much higher Kilowatts than say the 42. It should cut with the TD 60 amp units or there abouts. ran one at Fab-tech and thought it was pretty good.
    Thermal Arc 320SP ( Lorch )
    Cobra Pythons
    Thermal Arc 300 AC/DC ( Sanrex )
    ESAB 301i AC/DC ( Lorch )
    Thermal Arc 161STL ( WTL )
    Thermal Arc 190S ( Sanrex )
    Cut Master 82, 42. Cut45 ( WTL )
    Victor Gas Apps.
    Boxes and boxes of welding crap.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist