+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Certi-flat 3x4 Pro Top kit x 2

Post Thanks / Like

Certi-flat 3x4 Pro Top kit x 2

Don't ask me a bunch of questions! (Ruark, circa April 2022 )

Yes over-clamped, but not enough clamps is not enough clamps.

I bought two, so I can use them side-by-side as a 4 x 6, but when I don't need that much area, I can just use one as a 3 x 4.

1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Certi-flat 3x4 Pro Top kit x 2

A man can't have too many clamps. At some point in time, there will never be enough.
    Millermatic 255
    Everlast Typhoon 330
    Ready Welder I
    Hypertherm 30XP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by robert-r View Post
    A man can't have too many clamps. At some point in time, there will never be enough.
    I used every single one that I had, so that means I need more !

2nd table came out great (using a box level to check flatness), but I ground out the tacks on the 1st one, since I felt it still had too much bow to it in the center. It was still within the 0.015" per 12" that is spec'd for it, but even clamping the hell out of it did not beat the intrinsic stress that makes it want to stay bowed. Luckily I figured out a way for gravity to help me bring it down, I'm just waiting on a 0.003" straight edge to arrive to check everything before re-doing the tacks, should get here tomorrow.

4. Likes Freebirdwelds liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A woman that my wife knows was getting rid of her recently passed husbands tools.
    The tools included a JD 650 tractor, with mower and several other attachments.

I wanted the tractor,,, BAD!

Name:  GkElNmi.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  384.2 KB

Her only other offer was $1,000 for everything, I offered her $2,000 .

She accepted, besides the tractor, I had to haul out all of his tools, drill press, radial arm saw, planer, and three 10 foot dump trailer loads of hand tools.
    He had so many clamps,, it was unbelievable. I kept about 30 clamps, and gave everything else to my son-in-law.
    He must have over 100 clamps, some of them are 6 foot bar clamps.
    I think it took me 5 solid days of work to haul out all of the tools, cabinets, and some minimal amount of exotic pieces of wood.

So, when we pass,, that is what will probably happen to our clamp collections,, they will go with ALL the other "STUFF",,,

6. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Still working on making the stand, but the tables are done. I have about ±0.008 per 12" on the diagonal, which was the worse offender; there were two "bumps" that were quite difficult to get minimize. Along the 4ft lengths, it is better than that, and the short 3ft sides even better, by about 0.001" less. Better than the manufacturer spec of 0.015" per 12". I only tacked the slats on the underside (along the entire lengths), not the top where the tab-and-slot meet. I didn't want to risk having those warp it since I'm satisfied with how the flatness turned out.

8. Likes whtbaron liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So, do you like that table? Their company is about 15 miles from my house and I was thinking about getting one (save on shipping, LOL)!! They also had a few tables that they warranty exchanged that had warped from owner over welding when assembling them. If I could find a close company that could surface mill at a fair price I'd buy a blem. Good luck with the table.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by INXS2 View Post
    So, do you like that table? Their company is about 15 miles from my house and I was thinking about getting one (save on shipping, LOL)!! They also had a few tables that they warranty exchanged that had warped from owner over welding when assembling them. If I could find a close company that could surface mill at a fair price I'd buy a blem. Good luck with the table.
    I think it's a good product at a good price, so yes I do like it. Obviously it's got it's quirks like there's no instructions, just a rudimentary video on their website/YouTube, but the process is quite straight forward; except for not knowing exactly where to tack or which tab-n-slots to weld on the top side (I simply spaced my super tiny tacks about 6"-8" from each other on the underside. I didn't bother with the top-side tab-n-slots because when it goes on the stand the flatness can change anyways). Anyhow, these tables fit my needs. I thought about the Fab Blocks as opposed to these Top Kits, but the extra expense wasn't going to help me any for my needs. As for the blems, surfacing them could be an option. I think they could get themselves out of "warranty exchanges" from when these are over-welded by simply producing instructions that state exactly where to weld, and the maximum size of the weld.
    Last edited by Oscar; 07-05-2022 at 11:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist