+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Welding Fail! post pics here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welding Fail! post pics here.

Well that was............Something ....to say the least

Lanse don't put that grinder down on it's wheel like that....
    Always on there back
    Backed my CATMA over your CARMA oops clusmy me

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Trailblazer 302 AirPak
    Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Manning, that is a good one. When all else fails, blame robots. cuz we know robots just weld however they feel like it. No human input or anything heh...
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_4uJxjgtk0&feature=fvwrel&NR=1[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I get the feeling on this forum that there are just too many people out here that would like to ban anyone from going to a store and buying a hobby welder to do what they want to do in their own back yard.....sure they're hopeless at the skill part, but they have the right to do what they want and if it doesn't meet with common approval, 'taint your prerogative to deny them the chance to break into the holy area of metal joining.

I think Danny was quite right....he was on his own property and NEVER had that firewood hauling get-up on a public road or for that matter the truck he welded parts to, 'cause the other guy who bought it only wanted the engine and tranny, gonna scrap the rest.......freedom is a matter of interpretation for some.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

OH BROTHER

Popcorn and cold drinks over here

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puddytat View Post
    Sometimes I get the feeling on this forum that there are just too many people out here that would like to ban anyone from going to a store and buying a hobby welder to do what they want to do in their own back yard.....sure they're hopeless at the skill part, but they have the right to do what they want and if it doesn't meet with common approval, 'taint your prerogative to deny them the chance to break into the holy area of metal joining.

I think Danny was quite right....he was on his own property and NEVER had that firewood hauling get-up on a public road or for that matter the truck he welded parts to, 'cause the other guy who bought it only wanted the engine and tranny, gonna scrap the rest.......freedom is a matter of interpretation for some.
    Ian.
    No, I don't think that's the attitude here. It's these hopeless people you refer to posting videos on Youtube with titles like, "How to Stick Weld", etc. These folks don't have the mastery or skill level to be 'teaching' others how to weld.

Just as the internet has become "the information highway", it has also become "the mis-information highway. The latter can be very dangerous when taken as gospel truth by the uninformed masses.

Papa
    Lincoln Idealarc 250 (circa 1962)
    Lincoln Weldpak 155 w/Mig Kit
    Lincoln Squarewave TIG 175

Post Thanks / Like

What? There is mis-information on the internets? I had no idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Ian.
    Kind of ironic that you say all this about welding yet you are the one who chastised PapaLion for buying a small OBI punch press.

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140531

http://all-a-cart.com

Welding Cart Kits and accessories

Post Thanks / Like

Ian.
    From someone that built their own hitch and welded it with a Multiplaz 3500.

Design and weld quality very questionable.

Post No. 99

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...t=welder+water

Last edited by LarryO; 07-15-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

....he was on his own property and NEVER had that firewood hauling get-up on a public road
    I guess that's why he wired it up with lights and towing plug. (check the videos)

. . . the truck he welded parts to, 'cause the other guy who bought it only wanted the engine and tranny, gonna scrap the rest.......
    . . . and I've got some ocean front property in Nebraska I'll sell real cheap too.
    Last edited by duaneb55; 07-15-2012 at 06:25 PM.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZTFab View Post
    Kind of ironic that you say all this about welding yet you are the one who chastised PapaLion for buying a small OBI punch press.

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=140531

X2 as we have seen the hitch you (puddytat) tried to weld with your water welder and thought it was the $hit... see post #99 here http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...+welder&page=4

The problem is not Danny building the trailer for stated purpose it that he then finishes what he needed the trailer for and puts it up on Craigslist for a few hundred bucks and some unsuspecting soul buys it and now that POS is running amuck on our highways and being a potential killer as its not if Danny's welds fail, its when!
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; Thermal Dynamics 60i plasma.
    For Sale: Cobra Mig 250 w/ Push-pull gun. Lincoln Wirematic 250

Post Thanks / Like

I quite agree, there are idiots out there who will promote most anything and other idiots who will buy anything, but the point I'm making is let the idiots do their thing, stop wiping people's arses, you're not mother,

The World needs to get rid of born stupid people, and if they do stupid things and get burnt, that's the best way to cull the stupid from the herd.

I'm a fully qualified Fitter and Turner, apprentice served 5 years, 50 years in the trade, but when it comes to hearing about some noob buying a lathe and having trouble with the work flying out all over the place, I have to think......what did you expect without having some expert guidence or schooling.

I fail to see the reason to keep wiping the arses of the stupid.......when you front up to a stupid's place of residence and look at the trailer being described as such, you must be stupid too if you can't judge the quality or not of the item being sold........get rid of the stupids......make way for the clever......cull the herd and enable the professionals and strong to go on to make a stronger herd.....that's natures way of making the herd strong.

Danny may never be a welder per se, but he can do what he wants within his spectrum if you just let him exercise his right to freedom which ya'all are so proud of.

If you think Danny is bad, go to South East Asia, Africa, Middle East etc and get wise to the practces that are everyday occurances.....I lived in South Africa for 20 years and learned a lot of what the stupids can do as an everyday event, but I wouldn't go and campaign to ensure their safety......fools walk in where angels fear to tread.

I expect this will raise a few hackles.....go for it.
    Ian.
    Last edited by puddytat; 07-15-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I quite agree, there are idiots out there who will promote most anything and other idiots who will buy anything, but the point I'm making is let the idiots do their thing, stop wiping people's arses, you're not mother,

The World needs to get rid of born stupid people, and if they do stupid things and get burnt, that's the best way to cull the stupid from the herd.

Ian.
    Once again...ironic (and moronic) that YOU suggest everybody stays out of everyone else's business yet you explicitly told Papa to;

"...get rid of it....it's too f.....king dangerous to even think about messing with."

Hypocrite much?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
    From someone that built their own hitch and welded it with a Multiplaz 3500.

Design and weld quality very questionable.

Post No. 99

http://weldingweb.com/vbb/showthread.php...t=welder+water

BTW LarryO, if you can break the welded seams I did with the 'Plaz, I'll publicly French kiss your superating piles and admit defeat......ain't EVER gonna happen...the proof is too well documented and is now operationall.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZTFab View Post
    Once again...ironic (and moronic) that YOU suggest everybody stays out of everyone else's business yet you explicitly told Papa to;

"...get rid of it....it's too f.....king dangerous to even think about messing with."

Hypocrite much?
    Well it was just a suggestion not a directive......can do what he likes.....that was just my opinion.....I have the right to freely express it, he has the right to ignore it.....who gives a sh!t.....noobs learn the hard way.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't feed the trolls, guys
    [Account Abandoned 8/8/16 Please Do Not Attempt Contact Or Expect A Reply]. See you on YouTube! -ChuckE2009

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fully qualified Fitter and Turner, apprentice served 5 years, 50 years in the trade, but when it comes to hearing about some noob buying a lathe and having trouble with the work flying out all over the place, I have to think......what did you expect without having some expert guidence or schooling.
    Sounds like the typical old fart tradsman viewpoint. I consider myself to be a highly self-taught person in welding, and most other aspects too; I guess that makes me a complete fool and a hack, right? I'm sure whatever you do is not incredibly impressive 'rocket science', don't be so proud such to suggest that it can't be figured out or learned any other way.
    Last edited by MikeGyver; 07-15-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Welding/Fab Pics: www.UtahWeld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well it was just a suggestion not a directive......can do what he likes.....that was just my opinion.....I have the right to freely express it, he has the right to ignore it.....who gives a sh!t.....noobs learn the hard way.
    Ian.
    You may want to re-read you own words here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Are you saying that only you have the right to freely express your opinion?
    Miller Synchrowave 180 SD
    Lincoln PowerMig 255
    Hypertherm Powermax 45
    Torchmate 2x2
    Victor O/A

Post Thanks / Like

Ian.
    Holy sheeet.

You are the epitome of dense.

Post Thanks / Like

BTW LarryO, if you can break the welded seams I did with the 'Plaz, I'll publicly French kiss your superating piles and admit defeat......ain't EVER gonna happen...the proof is too well documented and is now operationall.
    Ian.
    Yep, sure is well documented, but i dont know what sort of proof it aint gonna break.

Looking at your well documented proof, those weld beads would be described as amater at best. Just because its operational, doesn't mean the welding or design wont fail in the future.

Hey, at least you have the pics on the net for them to see how good it was before it failed.

Post Thanks / Like

Whatever, old fart tradesmen are well trained by experts, anyone getting a machine tool for the first time is asking for trouble if he/she hasn't a clue how it functions.

Most people learn by their mistakes, some the hard way....I expect that chappie Danny on the Utube video wasn't out to cause mayhem, just doing his thing and didn't want inspector meticulous poking around saying "Yah ca't do 'dat"....let the buyer beware, no place for fools on Ebay.

I'm not a welder by profession, but I was taught by experts how to weld without having to go back and grind the living sh!ts out of a joint, so I didn't have to learn the hard way not to grab a hot welding rod or breathe the fumes.

I freely admit, upside down welding....I have never done or would do and my biggest problem welding wise has always been the 90 degree bead weld........it always ended up with bare spots, craters, undercuts and a general appearance of crow poop on barbed wire, my failure.

When I bought that other welder, (no names for the sensitive), all that changed, the corner weld problems and penetration vanished, to such a degre that I will never use my other welding gear again, ever, and I have full Stick, Mig, Tig, and spot welding capability which is all going up for sale now

The types of welding failures and bad practices so far shown on this thread are in the extreme, and there are other hidden failures that don't appear to be so by appearances only.

One thing's for sure, anyone who bought Danny's trailer and thought he was getting a good buy, had better get his eyes tested and an expert to go with him next time.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

It is just fine for anyone to get a welder and weld the shart out of stuff. But they should know to not try and weld stuff that can endanger a life. Not so much a common sense thing but more of a consideration thing.

I also agree people shouldn't buy and try operating machining equipment without some professional guidance and precautions.

But people buy and try to use things they have no idea about every day. Stuff will happen, we can't stop it, we can try to warn against it, but in the end whatever happens happens. Hopefully some peoples dumb doesn't effect others.

I fix vehicles along with everything else I do. You think bad welds are scary, you should see what some people drive! EVERYONE now days is handed a drivers license and can buy a car. Not everyone upkeeps/maintains their vehicle. At least there are less noob welders making hitches and turning on a lathe for the first time with the key in the chuck but pretty much EVERYONE has a car!

Post Thanks / Like

In the immortal words of RED from that 70's show
    Puddytat = Dumdass

No further explanation needed

What would SATAN do ??

Miller Digital Elite
    Optrel Welding Hat
    Arcair K4000
    Suitcase 12RC / 12 VS
    Hypertherm PM-45
    Rage 3 saw
    Rusty old Truck

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I wonder if that local yocal Danny in the backwoods doing his trailer thing carries any personal liability insurance.

I would have thought that living in the "land of litigation at the slightest excuse" he would be very wary of selling or even giving anything away that he had "worked" on.

Who needs a job when you can go buy a beat up home made "custom" trailer, have a spill and sue the insurance provider for a million bucks or so....Danny of course would get his usual 10%...LOL.

One thing's for sure, if he does have insurance they would not honour any claim he was faced with seeing as how he ain't a qualified welder or anything else for that matter.....maybe a fire wood collecter...LOL.
    Ian.

Post Thanks / Like

These welds for sure represent the Welding Hall of Shame. Hard to believe they wouldnt grind that garbage off & try again, maybe they did. Where do I find the Welding Hall of Fame?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist