+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Torch, pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Torch, pedal

What kind of torch and foot pedal do I need for my he-251d-1? Need you guys help

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Torch, pedal

14-pin Miller compatible foot pedal. The SSC pedal is very nice and not very expensive. The torch will depend a lot on how you want to set it up. I used a generic lug adapter with a threaded thru hole so the gas feed hose goes in one side and the torch hose goes in the other. It was something like this:
    https://weldfabulous.com/ck-15pca-po...4-xref-105z57/
    You bolt the torch lug on the 251 thru the hole and the hoses go into the 2 threaded holes thru the body of it.

And stop calling it an HE-251 as it is HF-251... HF = High frequency. You could have just added this to your other thread...
    -Dave
    XMT304 with: 22A Feeder, or HF251 Hi Freq DC TIG air cooled

3. Likes Lis2323, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok I got the sac pedal, now would you help me how to set my HF? Do I need to have it on to panel or remote?, start or continuous? High frequency around what 50? Ok now on my xmt should I put to tig with pedal or pedal CC? On remote or panel on xmt? How about arc control? I would apréciate you for your help, Thank you very very much

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry SSC pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Settings:

- Remote not panel
    - Start not Continuous
    - 50% is probably as good as anything to start. Directions says as low as you can set it and it still works. Try lower if you want.
    - XMT selector to TIG with pedal and remote (I think...not 100% on the remote)

You need to connect the 14-pin connector from the HF251 to the XMT and the SSC pedal 14-pin connector to the HF251. Then you feed the 2 main cables from the XMT to the HF251. Don't try to bypass and go directly from the XMT to the work with the ground/work clamp. Both the torch and ground/work leads need to go through the HF251 to your work & torch. Depending on what you have for a torch and cables, you may need to get some fittings/adapters or buy/make short cables to bridge from the XMT to the HF251. And make sure the (-) terminal from the XMT goes to the torch and the (+) to the ground/work clamp. You set the max amps you want on the XMT and then the pedal gives you from 0 to that max amp setting depending on how far you push it down. It took me a bit of head scratching to get all the cables and connections sorted out, so take your time.

I'm no expert, I just have the same basic setup...
    -Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dave, just one more question what kind of tig torch do you recomend? 150,200amp air cool
    or ?

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is 150A aircooled, but I kind of wish i had gotten a bigger one. I can get away with higher amp welds for short times, but I'm sure I would cook this if I went too long on that. Aircooled is certainly cheaper and easier to start with. If you get big into it, maybe you will want to look into water cooled later. I really like the CK Superflex hose on mine but have not tried others. They seem to get a lot of good reviews here so I suspect they are as good as it seems to be to me.
    -Dave

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist