+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Primeweld AC/DC Tig 225X

Quote Originally Posted by Tooln98 View Post
    I knew they were coming back on line 10 AM EST. So I was on my computer .5 before that, kept refreshing the page. At 5 after 10, bingo mine was ordered. Yes I'm one of the lucky ones.
    I bet they're having a harder time getting them with the coronavirus in effect now. Even last month they seemed like they may have had more of them when I bought mine. At least they didn't sell out until late in the day and there was a lot of people waiting. One of the really nice things about the Primeweld is that you don't need to worry about upgrading the torch since they provide a CK. That's one of the most costly accessories also, other than the pedal, and even their pedal is acceptable, IMO. I'm happy with mine, although as I have said, it's not a Miller or HTP, it's is a decent tig/stick welder at a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TraditionalToolworks View Post
    Consider yourself one of the lucky ones to be able to get one.
    Yup I set my alarm for quarter to the hour. Placed the order using my phone and went back to sleep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of like getting concert tickets. Of course that seems like ages ago after this " virus crisis".

4. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR8 View Post
    Yup I set my alarm for quarter to the hour. Placed the order using my phone and went back to sleep
    If both of you are any sign of the future, someone will be writing software to do the purchasing for people, must like they do with sniping software on Ebay!

Honestly if I didn't have one I would be skeptical of so people trying to buy them. Primeweld is making a name for themselves. In another thread here on WeldingWeb, Everlast support made a comment about Primeweld being the most recent company offering paid shipping, implying that most all of them fall by the wayside...Well, that was more than 2 years ago and Primeweld is going stronger than ever. If anything I would say less people are buying Everlast machines than they were 2 years ago, although they still seem to sell a fair amount, they also seem to have a lot of DOA and repairs being done.

6. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m in Canada so shipping is more and exchange means my dollar buys less.
    But even with those factors Mike and Dustin beat the price on an Everlast 185DV by $240.
    That’s the price of my tank there.

David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

8. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s the price of my tank there.
    David,

What size tank did you go with? I use a 125 cu.ft.

While I think everyone would like larger, 125cu.ft. is about the best size for cost per cu.ft. vs. size of tank.

For smaller tanks it's much more costly per cu.ft., but for a 330 cu.ft. tank for just over 2x what I pay for 125 cu.ft.

Not sure of current pricing but about 4 months ago it was about $75 to exchange my 125 cu.ft. and a 330 cu.ft. was about $170.

20 cu.ft. was about $45, to give a comparison. (all USD of course)

If I use a #5 with a gas lens I can get over 12 hours which works out to about $6/hr.

I'll probably find out soon if price changed as with the new welder I'm gonna need to get an exchange soon.

10. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

David,

What size tank did you go with? I use a 125 cu.ft.

While I think everyone would like larger, 125cu.ft. is about the best size for cost per cu.ft. vs. size of tank.

For smaller tanks it's much more costly per cu.ft., but for a 330 cu.ft. tank for just over 2x what I pay for 125 cu.ft.

Not sure of current pricing but about 4 months ago it was about $75 to exchange my 125 cu.ft. and a 330 cu.ft. was about $170.

20 cu.ft. was about $45, to give a comparison. (all USD of course)

If I use a #5 with a gas lens I can get over 12 hours which works out to about $6/hr.

I'll probably find out soon if price changed as with the new welder I'm gonna need to get an exchange soon.
    My nearest store that supplies gas carries 80, 110 and 250 cu. ft. tanks. They had a filled 250 cu. ft. in the store and I tried to move it and there was no way I could manage that thing alone. The risk of dropping it is too great. So the 110 cu. ft/ is the one I'll end up with.
    David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

12. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My nearest store that supplies gas carries 80, 110 and 250 cu. ft. tanks. They had a filled 250 cu. ft. in the store and I tried to move it and there was no way I could manage that thing alone. The risk of dropping it is too great. So the 110 cu. ft/ is the one I'll end up with.
    Good point, they are not light! What I usually do is tilt it just a bit and roll it to where I want to get it. I roll it over by my pickup lean it on the tailgate and lift the end up and slide it in. Good thing about argon is that it's not dangerous like acetylene. But yeah, the bigger tanks are heavier, good point. I find the 125 cu.ft. size I have about the best compromise between size/cost in my area as I have pointed out. I own the tank so when I take it in they exchange it for a fresh filled one, all certified and stamped, but the tank still belongs to me. Their tanks are nicer than the one I took them originally as they paint them and put new valves on them, etc...gas is the biggest piece of their business at my LWS, now a Praxair since last year.

14. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good point, they are not light! What I usually do is tilt it just a bit and roll it to where I want to get it. I roll it over by my pickup lean it on the tailgate and lift the end up and slide it in. Good thing about argon is that it's not dangerous like acetylene. But yeah, the bigger tanks are heavier, good point. I find the 125 cu.ft. size I have about the best compromise between size/cost in my area as I have pointed out. I own the tank so when I take it in they exchange it for a fresh filled one, all certified and stamped, but the tank still belongs to me. Their tanks are nicer than the one I took them originally as they paint them and put new valves on them, etc...gas is the biggest piece of their business at my LWS, now a Praxair since last year.
    Can the tanks be transported horizontally?

David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

Post Thanks / Like

Can the tanks be transported horizontally?

No issues except for acetylene. Just be sure to cap the valves and secure the cylinders. I keep a large wood block with a V cut in it to cradle the removable cap.

17. Likes DavidR8, TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    No issues except for acetylene. Just be sure to cap the valves and secure the cylinders. I keep a large wood block with a V cut in it to cradle the removable cap.
    That's a good idea on the v-block, I usually only put the cap on when I exchange, but I ALWAYS close the valve all the way and snug down after use. I usually just secure a ratchet strap around the tank and snug it up to the wheel well in my little Tacoma 2WD. It does have a tendency to spin the head around if I drive abruptly (not normally), so the v-block is a good idea. The hook I use on at the rear near the tailgate, if I secured in the middle it probably wouldn't do that. I've heard some welders say you should wait about 30 minutes if you lay them down like I do...I don't know how true that is or if it's a wives tale. Do you know?

I have a small oxy/acet setup and I'm more careful with that and make sure the acetylene is upright. But it's a small 20 gal tank. I can put it in front of the passenger seat.

EDIT: should add, I also open the valve all the way and snug up to use. I've heard you should do that slowly and not leave it in the middle of the valve opening.

19. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here.

:

21. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a good idea on the v-block, I usually only put the cap on when I exchange, but I ALWAYS close the valve all the way and snug down after use. I usually just secure a ratchet strap around the tank and snug it up to the wheel well in my little Tacoma 2WD. It does have a tendency to spin the head around if I drive abruptly (not normally), so the v-block is a good idea. The hook I use on at the rear near the tailgate, if I secured in the middle it probably wouldn't do that. I've heard some welders say you should wait about 30 minutes if you lay them down like I do...I don't know how true that is or if it's a wives tale. Do you know?

I have a small oxy/acet setup and I'm more careful with that and make sure the acetylene is upright. But it's a small 20 gal tank. I can put it in front of the passenger seat.

EDIT: should add, I also open the valve all the way and snug up to use. I've heard you should do that slowly and not leave it in the middle of the valve opening.
    I've never had a problem with using them right away. FWIW, I've seen plenty of acetylene cylinders used in the horizontal position, but it's not something I would do or recommend. I recall using 75/25 with the cylinder laying horizontal and I think the biggest issue was reading the gauges. Lol

23. Likes DavidR8, TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Same here.

Yours is much more elaborate than mine. I do use the load locks for many things as well.

25. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tooln98 View Post
    9 AM CST I ordered mine. Just got off of PrimeWeld's site and they are sold out again. I wonder how many they have sold today.
    Tracking say's mines on the truck for delivery today. Now it's just like a kid at Xmas waiting for Santa to come.
    Miller 212 Auto-Set, Prime 225X

27. Likes DavidR8, TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

First weld. The 20ga corners that come in the box. Impressed so far.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

29. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang! Clearly not your first TIG weld!

David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

Post Thanks / Like

Dang! Clearly not your first TIG weld!

First anything other than SS.

32. Likes DavidR8 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like my machine should arrive tomorrow!

David
    Millermatic 130
    Primeweld 225
    Victor Journeymen

34. Likes TraditionalToolworks, Tooln98 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The best Primeweld 225 video I have seen to date, and one of the best welding videos I have seen to date.

My hat is off to Aaron, he's got a sense of humor.

Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the story...

Post Thanks / Like

Well today I gave aluminum a shot. Don't have any filler rod yet so it's a straight bead. All I can say about this welder is I'm very impressed. Through work I've used many high dollar machines. But for home use this thing is tops in my book.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

38. Likes TraditionalToolworks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone had any issues with the primeweld tig 225? I can’t find anyone online complaining about them. I am seriously thinking about getting one for small tig projects and some stick welding outside the shop. I have my 1967 lincoln idealarc for most shop stick welding projects.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg_diver View Post
    Has anyone had any issues with the primeweld tig 225? I can’t find anyone online complaining about them. I am seriously thinking about getting one for small tig projects and some stick welding outside the shop. I have my 1967 lincoln idealarc for most shop stick welding projects.
    No issues with mine, had it a little over 6 months. For the price, warranty, quality accessories and the features you can't go wrong at the price they sell for.

Post Thanks / Like

No issues with mine, had it a little over 6 months. For the price, warranty, quality accessories and the features you can't go wrong at the price they sell for.
    Thank you for the reply. I have searched for days looking for bad reviews like the everlast. Found one guy on YouTube were his 225x was arcing inside and a i think 3 on amazon that left bad reviews other then that it seems to be a good machine its just hard to buy something you are not familiar with.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist