+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another bottle leasing post

Post Thanks / Like

Another bottle leasing post

Just got this from Messers for my bottle rent, what a rip $130.00 for a year which includes a tracking for their bottle, least I think it is. Gonna change and go to Air Liquide, $180 for three years
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another bottle leasing post

Gee, I wonder what their justification will be this time. Pick a winner... will it be
    A). Increased government regulations
    B) Restrictions due to terrorism
    C). We can’t compete because we can’t move our operations to China.
    D). THE CHINESE PLAGUE

Pick a winner, any one will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get prices to buy ?
    I bought my 125 oxygen for 185.00 filled
    I would check with all suppliers. Tank prices to buy and fill are all different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get prices to buy ?
    Yup, $320 to purchase a 1.77CYM oxygen which is the biggest they sell+$75 to fill it and it's only $80 to fill a 4CYM. I'm not even getting kissed, sure am getting F&^%ed tho.
    Found a cheaper lease $180 for three years at Air Liquide for a 4CYM bottle and $80 fill.
    GD ridiculous prices for something I don't use a heck of a lot, just the time I got rid of it I'd need it..................Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Ask about exchanging tank policy IF you have your own and Recertification cost if necessary.
    Buy from Facebook marketplace or Craiglist after you investigate their exchange polices.
    My local guy was great until Air Gas bought them out. Air gas was off the charts !!
    Found another MA & Pop supplier .
    It's a long drive about 30 miles but definitely worth it. I wait until most tanks are empty and do a load of them. Usually 6 or so.

6. Likes driz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ask about exchanging tank policy IF you have your own and Recertification cost if necessary.
    Nope, largest size that any of the local shops say a person can own is the 1.77CYM tank, anything bigger is lease only.......Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    Nope, largest size that any of the local shops say a person can own is the 1.77CYM tank, anything bigger is lease only.......Mike
    That is if you buy from them. If you have customer owned from another source then they want your business they will usually refill or exchange them.

Every place has rules but most will accept your tanks. They all do in Florida, USA. Getting customer owned back from them can be a challenge at some places. They want to give you their marked tanks in exchange. Don't do that.

Post Thanks / Like

My guy will exchange my customer owned tanks. I have two of them. These are Blank neck tanks, free of any suppliers names.
    When I exchange these I get blank neck tanks in return.
    If you want to keep your same tank, you need to leave it and they will refill.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm also in Canada and my experience is mostly customer owned tanks are only up to 80cf ( 2.25 cubic meters) I'm leasing a 250 cf oxygen from a smaller weld supply that deals with air liquide cylinders, $85 a year. There's some places that advertise selling any size tanks and they will fill them but not close enough for me and who knows if they'll be around. These gas company's are running quite the tied up market in my opinion.
    I'd love to be able to just buy my cylinders outright.

Post Thanks / Like

I use kms tools, ufa and weld core to fill my tanks. They all sell tanks to.
    For recert I use a safety shop that does fire extinguishers

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you cannot outright buy large welding cylinders in Nova Scotia, but here in Washington State you dang sure can. I have 330 cubic foot cylinders of helium and argon and a 75 lb CO2 cylinder (same size as a 330 more or less) all on one triangular cart. I also own several 255 cubic foot oxygen/C25 cylinders, some of which say CUSTOMER OWNED on the neck ring. I have owned my own cylinders since the 1970s.

When you buy used cylinders here you have to be careful because in most sizes they can either be owner cylinders or leased/rented cylinders and many are the unscrupulous or ignorant sellers who try to sell you a cylinder they don't own. The best technique is to have the seller meet you at the local welding supply where you can ask whether it's an owner tank before you buy. Next best is to call your local welding supply while you are standing in front of the seller (before you pay) and describe it to them and text them a picture if necessary, to get the necessary confirmation. Once you pay for a tank that wasn't legally sold you now own a very expensive bell.

metalmagpie

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you cannot outright buy large welding cylinders in Nova Scotia, but here in Washington State you dang sure can.
    I wish...be a far sight cheaper in the long run. Especially now since I just have the cylinders 'In case of...." and don't use them much. I bet if I gave them up, the next day I'd have seized bolt or something I have to heat up....guaranteed........Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    My guy will exchange my customer owned tanks. I have two of them. These are Blank neck tanks, free of any suppliers names.
    When I exchange these I get blank neck tanks in return.
    If you want to keep your same tank, you need to leave it and they will refill.

You wouldn't be going to Cutweld 91st St in Bridgeview? I always dealt with J&B on Ogden in Cicero, but they closed. I have over a half dozen K & T cylinders I will need filled. Currently my customer is supplying all the gas, so I haven't rotated my cylinders in years. I DO NOT want to pay rent, and I like the large bottles
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Buy your tank
    No rent
    The rent pay it will only take about 2 1/2 years of rent to pay for a tank.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by mrmikey View Post
    Just got this from Messers for my bottle rent, what a rip $130.00 for a year which includes a tracking for their bottle, least I think it is. Gonna change and go to Air Liquide, $180 for three years

Post Thanks / Like

Stickie, you know anyone in the gas biz?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    Stickie, you know anyone in the gas biz?
    Not anymore. I used J&B in Cicero. The Praxair and Airgas by me is a no go on the big cylinders. They want the rent.

I'm waitin to hear from BD1 to know where he goes
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stick-man View Post
    Not anymore. I used J&B in Cicero. The Praxair and Airgas by me is a no go on the big cylinders. They want the rent.

That is most likely ONLY to buy the tanks from them but has nothing to do with getting larger tanks exchanged or refilled. You would NEVER want to buy a tank at the supplier unless you don't mind paying 2-4 times what they go for in the used market.

Very simple to safely buy used tanks if you know what to look for which is a whole lot easier than welding itself.
    Last edited by danielplace; 11-09-2020 at 09:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for late reply.
    Advanced welding in Wisconsin.
    They have a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9748625302188/

http://www.awswi.com

Post Thanks / Like

Think a little harder, fat cranky old bastard that wears a Kromer cap?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danielplace View Post
    That is most likely ONLY to buy the tanks from them but has nothing to do with getting larger tanks exchanged or refilled. You would NEVER want to buy a tank at the supplier unless you don't mind paying 2-4 times what they go for in the used market.

Very simple to safely buy used tanks if you know what to look for which is a whole lot easier than welding itself.
    They only rent the big cylinders. They do not sell or take any but their own, for the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    Sorry for late reply.
    Advanced welding in Wisconsin.
    They have a Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9748625302188/

http://www.awswi.com

Thank you. I'm hoping I somehow remember an old, fat, cranky, bastard that wears a Kromer cap, and he is somehow gonna hook me up!!!. For which, unfortunately, I might not be able to reveal the such a outstanding deal I end up with!!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by vwguy3 View Post
    Think a little harder, fat cranky old bastard that wears a Kromer cap?
    Hmmmm, let me think about that........I will have to make some texts tomorrow........
    "Stick-man"

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a 125 bottle drop shipped through amazon PRE FILLED with argon https://www.amazon.com/125-100-Argon.../dp/B00I4Z5DAK
    ONLY $350 shipped. Hydro tested with 10 year cert.
    Last edited by Speed51133; 11-11-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speed51133 View Post
    You can get a 145 bottle drop shipped through amazon PRE FILLED with argon https://www.amazon.com/125-100-Argon.../dp/B00I4Z5DAK
    That's double what I paid from my supplier.
    You will at sometime need a refill or exchange.
    Being a no name on neck cylinder, some suppliers may have issues.
    They could exchange with theirs, and there goes your new pretty tank.
    Or, some may allow you to leave it and they will refill onsite OR they ship them out.
    Or, you may get another no name on neck tank.
    Verify suppliers policies before purchasing any tank.

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a 125 bottle drop shipped through amazon PRE FILLED with argon https://www.amazon.com/125-100-Argon.../dp/B00I4Z5DAK
    ONLY $350 shipped. Hydro tested with 10 year cert.
    That is just a little on the high side.

Same deal when you consider you loose the bottle at first exchange. 125 cu.ft. for $140 full.

https://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/tls...227837647.html

Or new 125 cu.ft at $250 then about $25 to fill it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125-cf-weld...gAAOSwPERdO0jj

You can get 250's for $330 and $30 for the gas. 250 cu.ft. $360 full

https://www.ebay.com/itm/250-cf-weld...YAAOSwWHZbJBBP
    Last edited by danielplace; 11-11-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.amazon.com/150-Cylinder-...13332422&psc=1

how about an empty 150 for 265 shipped?

Who cares if they exchange it for a different one. Find a place that will refill any bottle you own. Not that hard. If you don't like the color, spray paint it. My local place is praxair and every bottle I exchange with them is no named. Granted I get one like every year or so.

Oh, if you get a used bottle from someone and there IS a company name on it, flap wheel/sand that name off!

Post Thanks / Like

https://www.amazon.com/150-Cylinder-...13332422&psc=1

how about an empty 150 for 265 shipped?

Who cares if they exchange it for a different one. Find a place that will refill any bottle you own. Not that hard. If you don't like the color, spray paint it. My local place is praxair and every bottle I exchange with them is no named. Granted I get one like every year or so.

Oh, if you get a used bottle from someone and there IS a company name on it, flap wheel/sand that name off!
    If they have a refill option but you have to usually drop off and come back which is a pain.
    Finding 150's in stock in the gas you want is not always possible. 150's are all customer owned but not always in stock at gas supplier with what gas you want. If you want gas you will end up loosing it for a 125 one day.

150's are good in that they know you own it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist