+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Craigslist Score Thread!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Official Craigslist Score Thread!

I still look on Craigslist but haven't found anything worth checking out lately.
    I found that market place on Facebook to be a good spot to catch a deal, and you can kinda get an idea from the profile if it's a legit deal...no spam calls or emails so far and everything I have posted has sold, found a sweet deal on a new kerosene heater, just for emergency heat if we lose power and my 2 generators can't run for some reason.
    Picked it up new with pump, 5 gallon can full of kerosene and new batteries for the auto ignition...all for $40Name:  1485303556528-605771272.jpg
Views: 1818
Size:  40.8 KB

2. Likes Garfield43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kazlx;
    Picked up a Burr King 760 the other day with a box of probably 100 belts for $75.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazlx View Post
    Drug this home for $200 today. Arboga 1830 radial drill press.
    I didn't check in on this thread to see these when you posted them, but Woah!!! those are serious deals, particularly the 760.

bluemoon, that belt grinder looks like an excellent unit, and a great price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Well it's not exactly a tool but it was a craigslist steal... $350 brand new.

They assist you in training to lift heavier pieces of steel and machines around the shop...

Attachment 1598851
    Lift more steel in the shop and you won't need those.
    My name's not Jim....

Post Thanks / Like

I missed out on this 3 jaw lathe chuck for $35.00 wanted it for making a welding postioner.

Name:  8 inch 3 jaw lathe chuck.jpg
Views: 1878
Size:  45.2 KB
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amlee16v View Post
    JD2 model 4 with pump and 2inch 180* dies..........cylinder needs new seals, but I got everything for $680. Gonna clean it up and make it look nice.

You should go to jail for stealing that! I bought mine all new from JD2 and paid full price!
    Lincoln Power Mig 210MP MIG
    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln TIG 300-300
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v Thanks JLAMES
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
    My brain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bzbcustoms View Post
    I got a lincoln precision tig 275 $1000 with a 330 argon bottle ready to weld I was pretty happy I had just sold my miller sycrowave 250 with cooler and was pretty bummed about itAttachment 1598471Attachment 1598441
    You guys are killing me! I bought my stuff for way too much! Add the Advance circuit board to that 275 and you will love it. I know. I bought it FULL PRICE. hahaha
    Lincoln Power Mig 210MP MIG
    Lincoln Power Mig 350MP - MIG and Push-Pull
    Lincoln TIG 300-300
    Lincoln Hobby-Weld 110v Thanks JLAMES
    CK TIG TORCH, gas diffuser, pyrex cup
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
    My brain

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joker11 View Post
    You should go to jail for stealing that! I bought mine all new from JD2 and paid full price!

All cleaned up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Lincoln Idealarc TIG 250 AC/DC, Lincoln 175 HD and one fine grinder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    A machining company was going out of business not too far from me so I bought these items in the online auction.

The total cost was $420.
    I ended up with the following:
    10" rotary table $105
    10" three jaw chuck $55
    8" rotary table $50
    5 boxes of hold down tooling $60
    1 box of double end mills $55
    2 boxes of lathe bits, box of boring bars, 3 rivet guns, hacksaw blades and some weird three sides knives, 20 pieces of round stock I am going to use for third hand weights. These items were unsold so I offered $36 and it was accepted

Add in the auctioneers premium and I am out $420. I am happy and may sell some of the items to recoup my expenses

Attachment 1489301
    y0our weird three sided knives are babbitt or bronze bearing scrapers, buck

Post Thanks / Like

Last week, when this opportunity arose, I bit. American made by Rockwell Mfg. in Pittsburgh, Pa.

I drove 2 hours out into the desert to pick it up, paid 350. I hope it will last.
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

AVOID --------------------SCAM ALERT------------
    If you see a Miller Dynasty 200 DX "in excellent condition" four under $1k and he/she won't give you a phone or precise location....
    Make SURE you get to talk to him/her and get to go see it in person FIRST.
    as of 5/5/17 there's one on Columbus OH CL. I've seen it bouncing around. The exact same ad was in NC last week/month.

Post Thanks / Like

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/grd/6121961118.html

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/tls/6122000980.html

I'm eyeballing both of these band saws, but I need a bigger air compresor first :/

Post Thanks / Like

I make and sell lamps, bells, and wind chimes made from old extinguishers and cylinders. At an event yesterday I had a lady tell me she wanted to get rid of some welding tanks and other tools from her late husband since she was cleaning the garage. He also had an 80 gallon 220V compressor from probably the 50's or 60's that she wants me to take later.
    After a 3 hour round trip that included looking at more of the stuff she wants to get rid of, I came home with the following. A complete Victor O/A rig with gas still in both bottles, 2 nitrogen bottles with gas, an empty O2 and empty CO2 bottle. There was also a larger Craftsman O/A torch, Craftsman vise, StrongHand on/off magnet, a bunch of hand tools, and strangely enough, an electric impact wrench used for Orthopedic surgery and the ball joint for a hip replacement. All of this for only a few hours of driving and a little bit of gas money

I will have to stop by there later with a trailer to get the compressor and a few other items.
    Name:  DSCF2200.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  92.0 KBName:  DSCF2201.jpg
Size:  72.1 KBName:  DSCF2202.jpg
Size:  63.8 KB
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

nvm..
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 05-22-2017 at 10:37 AM.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sport View Post
    AVOID --------------------SCAM ALERT------------
    If you see a Miller Dynasty 200 DX "in excellent condition" four under $1k and he/she won't give you a phone or precise location....
    Make SURE you get to talk to him/her and get to go see it in person FIRST.
    as of 5/5/17 there's one on Columbus OH CL. I've seen it bouncing around. The exact same ad was in NC last week/month.
    Yeah, that and the miller/Lincoln engine drive thing are two of the more popular CL scams. Often, really nice vehicles, kubota tractors and Bobcat skidstters are also a common scam item. Always the same story, it's at a secure location and they will ship to you at no charge.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my hands on that larger air compressor! $350 with a 50' parker air hose.Name:  20170513_224546.jpg
Views: 1334
Size:  230.0 KB

17. Likes Garfield43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

nvm double post
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by psacustomcreations; 05-22-2017 at 06:14 PM.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

dimension 452 w/60 series feeder and a tweco fume remover for $200. the guy had it in storage and i had it bought over the phone for $500. he called back and said it didn't work as they'd plugged it in and nothing happened. i bargained him down to 200, he bit, and it was mine. plugged it in when i got it and used it for years. apparently he didn't know about the fan on demand..

had another the other day. bought some miller powers sources, cp 250 ts"s,cp 302's, cp 300's, several 333 srh's, goldstars, i saw an xmt 456, an xmt 350, hypertherm 1250 and 1000 and a bunch of 60 and 70 series feeders, along with maybe 20+ s22 feeders, maybe a dozen ln25's and some other misc stuff. supposedly it all works; i'll see in a few days.

Post Thanks / Like

I think I did pretty good for $100.00

Got a Tank/cart set with victor regulators/hoses/torch with cutting and welding tips, a rose bud, 2 pairs of old school Peterson vise grips, two strikers the better striker is on the cart from when I was testing it out. The torch body is an old victor 100 that came with a CA1350 cutting torch and 00-3-101 tip.

in the pictures of the welding tips what you are looking at are number 4, 2, 2x 0, 00 & 000 a number 8 rosebud and then a 0-1-101 cutting tip that does not belong to this kit and is no good any way. There is a little box of striker flits, 4x tip cleaners one of the cleaners Says Victor California on it. There is also a nice old regulator wrench. Out of the two regulators the Acetylene regulator is not working correctly as it surges when there is flow through the hose. Acetylene bottle is a 145 cf and I think the oxygen bottle is a 125 cf. They are both out of date from 97 and 98 and have only the one test date stamp. So I think the threads in the bottles are good for a few more retests. The oxygen has about 950 psi in it and the Acetylene has about 200 psi in it.

There is a long handled brush of which I never seen one like it before and some triangle shape lead or something not sure what it is but I'm thinking it is for some sort of soldering or brazing lead IDK. Oh yeah and a nice little incense burning tray. Oh yeah also a soapstone holder and some magnet thing that I have no idea what it was for.

The guy was tossing the lights and the auto dimming mirror with temp and compass so I got those as a bonus for showing up at the right time.

Name:  20170603_144256.jpg
Views: 1111
Size:  52.9 KBName:  20170603_145550(0).jpg
Views: 1126
Size:  84.9 KBName:  20170603_145901.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  69.5 KB
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 06-03-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

^^^^^winner^^^^
    Eventual master of the obvious, practitioner of "stream of consciousness fabrication". P.S. I edit almost every post because because I'm posting from my phone and my fingers sometimes move faster than my brain.

Post Thanks / Like

I was doing the happy dance in my head after the deal was done and I was driving away. The CL add was asking $150.00 They said their dad had not used in 15 years. I told them that explains the tanks being out of date. They did not have or know where the caps to the bottles were. I had no problem with that and used that for leverage along with the bottles being out of date to lower the price.

Here are some pics of the other flint striker.

Name:  20170603_174826.jpg
Views: 1092
Size:  44.1 KBName:  20170603_174841.jpg
Views: 1112
Size:  36.3 KBName:  20170603_174901.jpg
Views: 1091
Size:  58.8 KBName:  20170603_174907.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  57.0 KB
    Last edited by N2 Welding; 06-03-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only score I've gotten off of craigslist was a Kargo Master Kongo cage and cargo basket for $125. A few days ago I bought another Yaesu FT-2900 with RT programming software for $115, but that wasn't really a score price wise. Nothing much ever seems to show up priced very well on CL here.

Most of my scores come from scrapyards. Couple weeks ago I bought a pretty new Reese fifth wheel hitch with mounting rails and a couple of huge Leece Neville alternators(~$800 each new) for $33. The week before that I bought a running/mowing grasshopper 616 zero turn for $180. Yesterday I bought a 6ft box blade for $125. Bought a pierce worm gear electric winch(it's either 9k or 11k, not sure which) once for $50. Also found an ancient Braden 8k electric for $50(working) and a Warn 8274(needs work) for $50. Several Onan RV generators for $140 or less. Just a few of the scores I've made.

24. Likes Garfield43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I picked up this scale today for $15.
    It needs to be zero'd and calibrated, but it is in great shape and seemed to be accurate.
    I havent decided if I will restore it and sell it or keep it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tanglediver View Post
    American made by Rockwell Mfg. in Pittsburgh, Pa.
    (Lost pic from the great photobucket fumble.)
    City of L.A. Structural; Manual & Semi-Automatic;
    "Surely there is a mine for silver, and a place where gold is refined. Iron is taken from the earth, and copper is smelted from ore."
    Job 28:1,2

Lincoln, Miller, Victor & ISV Bible

Danny

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Roper Whitney 1012 Combination Brake with the power drive for $500. Running condition and almost no wear to speak of. 10' long 12ga capacity in mild steel.

Loading it was a bear, that thing must weigh up near 4k

Post Thanks / Like

Some good deals posted here. Nearly everything in my shop has come from Craigslist, ebay, or Facebook Marketplace

A couple of my finds.

Wilton Vise - $100
    Miller Roughneck with 50' lead - $300
    Attached Images Attached Images   

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist