+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: back pain thread

Post Thanks / Like

Re: back pain thread

Quote Originally Posted by T man View Post
    I have one. Works great for a little while, but gravity settles back in and causes the pain to return.
    Yes, it is not a one and done deal. I use it regularly. Maintenance. :-)

jrw159

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm.... I know something that worked for a friend of mine. Maybe you guys need a breast reduction...
    250 amp Miller DialArc AC/DC Stick
    F-225 amp Forney AC Stick
    230 amp Sears AC Stick
    Lincoln 180C MIG
    Vevor MIG 200A
    Victor Medalist 350 O/A
    Vevor Cut 50 Plasma
    Les

3. Likes _Weldman_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
    Hmmm.... I know something that worked for a friend of mine. Maybe you guys need a breast reduction...
    Actually, in my case, your not far off, just a little lower (belly).

When I quit drinking massive amounts of whisky I was at 289lbs. I dropped down to around 200lbs and that helped tremendously. Both the weight loss and the quitting drinking.

jrw159

Post Thanks / Like

I get massages from a sports guy who does college sports players and the guy is fantastic. If you ever want to know how hard you really work in life, they can tell you. He kicks my *** for an hour and it hurts for a couple days, but I come out feeling great.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I'm 38 years old, after multiple tours at the Chiropractor in the last 10 years this last time back in October I said 'when you clear me I'm going to find a personal trainer and get some strength back.'
    He said 'Today's your lucky day'
    He took me over to the other half of his building, introduced me to his trainer, who I signed up with and all winter he basically kicked my butt and took pleasure in watching me sweat, struggle and do things till I couldn't anymore. I can honestly say I feel like I can do things better now than when I was 18 or 19. This guy worked me from my ankles to my fingertips.

So my advice is find a good chiropractor to get you feeling okay then find a trainer to help you not go back to a chiro again.

Post Thanks / Like

I have quit drinking, it was a 6 -7 nights a week almost blackout every night, and lost about 25 lbs from when I posted last in this thread. I have to say my back pain has gone way down, now I go to a back cracker 1 once month rather than every week. and dont have the continuous pain, Im about to the point where exercise actually sounds like it could be fun. now another 75 lbs to go.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by idacal View Post
    I have quit drinking, it was a 6 -7 nights a week almost blackout every night, and lost about 25 lbs from when I posted last in this thread. I have to say my back pain has gone way down, now I go to a back cracker 1 once month rather than every week. and dont have the continuous pain, Im about to the point where exercise actually sounds like it could be fun. now another 75 lbs to go.
    Most of my weight was retained fluid from my liver not working right. I lost about 40lbs in 10 to 12 days. Luckily I quit before it was too bad and I am back to normal now. I got really lucky.

jrw159

Post Thanks / Like

Stretching and exercise are essential. But the most immediate relief I have received has been from shiatsu, deep tissue massage.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on stretch and strengthen.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to hear my solution to my back problems (one episode was so bad I had to crawl from the bed to the bathroom, but then couldn't get up on the toilet. Had to yell for the wife to come help) It all went away when I started training for triathlons. To be more specific, when I started swim training for triathlons. I didn't know how to swim when I started, and it took forever to learn proper freestyle technique without a swim coach. But after about a year I got OK at it and spent several hours a week in the pool. It's strengthens your core and stretches you out nicely being horizontal in the water for a hour at a time. Plus you are puling yourself through the water with your arms (I don't kick much) which lengthens you even more. I'm sure the gentle twisting motion helps too.
    Century buzzbox that I learned on 40+ years ago (was Dad's)
    Crappy Century 110volt mig 70 amp pigeon pooper.
    Lincoln Idealarc TIG-300

Post Thanks / Like

Exercise is the perfect solution for back pain. The exercise help to relax the muscle and circulates blood perfectly inside the spine and body; thus it relieves pain on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T man View Post
    I have one. Works great for a little while, but gravity settles back in and causes the pain to return.

This one works, cause I have one in my office. This is an absolute for anyone who has back pain and sits at a computer.

https://www.amazon.com/ProErgo-Ergon...kneeling+chair

It keeps you from having a bent lower spine, by retaining your knees lower than if on a conventional chair. Bad for people with really bad knees, though.

I mean look at the firm pads on this one ! Nice !

And for all you lesbians out there.... they have a Brittany spears version too ! https://www.amazon.com:laugh:/Britne...kneeling+chair

I'm a lesbian, I only like women!
    UNITWELD 175 AMP 3 IN1 DC
    MIDSTATES 300 AMP AC MACHINE
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

I have been through 2 back surgeries and am fused from L2-S1, I went through the physical therapy and walk as much as I can, which ain't much, I spend time in the pool, I hurt all the time and nothing helps, I take oxycodone twice a day and supplement that with tramadol, I refuse to take more narcotics and have that monkey on my back too. I have been looking into a spinal stimulator but my pain management doc wants an evaluation for more surgery, this time the SI joints, it can be a minimally invasive outpatient procedure, but I hate the thought of going under the knife again.
    LET'S GO BRANDON!"INFLATION-THAT'S THE PRICE WE PAY FOR THOSE GOVERNMENT BENEFITS EVERYBODY THOUGHT WERE FREE."RONALD REAGAN
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Ever here works steel that is exercise

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by andrehoss View Post
    Exercise is the perfect solution for back pain. The exercise help to relax the muscle and circulates blood perfectly inside the spine and body; thus it relieves pain on the back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    Don't fool yourself. Work is not exercise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smithdoor View Post

Dave
    I thought the same. Now, I know that work just isn't the same thing as exercise.
    Lincoln 350MP
    Millermatic 350P
    Syncrowave 250
    1969 SA200
    HTP Invertig 221

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt B View Post
    I thought the same. Now, I know that work just isn't the same thing as exercise.
    Exercise is effort done at will.
    Work is exercise demanded by bill(s)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I'm a lesbian, I only like women!
    An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."

Post Thanks / Like

Some here have seen my neck X rays---before the crash... I got off opiates and jumped on Xanax. .5 in the am and maybe another at 2-3-4 and maye a whole on at bedtime with 7 azahares tea. Half the time the disc....or whatever causes muscle tension and pain rather than the nerves themselves. Thats me I guess. Tramadol is OK but the Xanax works better for me. Now I can be addicted to that for a while...... but 100 of them is only $28 and lasts 6 weeks or so...fuppit. I guess we need laughs to see where it hurts too.
    Here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbytime View Post
    An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

So with that information out now, how many of us here are really weldors??
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

We need a like button
    T man.

15 + years working for myself, and by golly, I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been having crazy neck pain on and off for the last month. It’s really bad the last couple of days. Get shooting pain right at the base of my neck in the back of my mellon. Causes head aches and eye strain as well.

Bonzoo thanks for that apple vid. Too f-n funny.
    Lincoln, ESAB, Thermal Dynamics, Victor, Miller, Dewalt, Makita, Kalamzoo. Hand tools, power tools, welding and cutting tools.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mick, what kind of reaction did you have with the tramadol, I take 100mg of it daily and so far no probs, but I have read some stuff, but my pain doc seems ok with it. I get all my meds through workmen's comp so I'm sure that plays a role in what I can have, hell they won't even let me try cbd oils or med marijuana unless I go off the other sh!t first.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

they say tramadol is highly addictive to some or to many and not to some, I have been on and off tramadol many times with no issues stopping it after a bunch of surgeries, you would be better off on cbd and med cannabis...

Post Thanks / Like

they say tramadol is highly addictive to some or to many and not to some, I have been on and off tramadol many times with no issues stopping it after a bunch of surgeries, you would be better off on cbd and med cannabis...
    I agree, but since I am on workmen's comp disability and they supply my meds, thus I am subject to random drug tests so I better have oxycodone and nothing else. I called my adjuster to inquire about CBD and they said I better be off of everything else and they won't pay for it, they follow federal drug guidlines. It sucks taking meds that help minimally.
    JEFF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAVEMANN View Post
    I agree, but since I am on workmen's comp disability and they supply my meds, thus I am subject to random drug tests so I better have oxycodone and nothing else. I called my adjuster to inquire about CBD and they said I better be off of everything else and they won't pay for it, they follow federal drug guidlines. It sucks taking meds that help minimally.
    I know a few people on medical cannabis, either oil or edibles, no smoking of it, they have to pay for it out of pocket, but they dont mind because it gave them 90+% of a normal pain free life back....the rest of the world sees the benefit but this country is driven by big pharmaceutical companies that want to sell you expensive drugs that do more harm than good..... you never heard of anyone ODing on weed and worse case if you stop cold turkey you are restless for a few days and then you are good to go..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist