+ Reply to Thread

Thread: any feedback on mecanicapedrosa.com for hard to find parts?

Post Thanks / Like

any feedback on mecanicapedrosa.com for hard to find parts?

I was able to find some hard to find Continental over/under size parts in stock at a website called www.mecanicapedrosa.com. I would appreciate any feedback or experience any has had with this site. I found their staff very knowledgeable and helpful, but can't find any threads or reviews.

tku

yz1.

Just in case you found this thread in search of Continental Parts, here's some other sites I've looked at:

wisconsinmotorscanada.ca
    enginekitsonliine.com (very helpful)
    montesequipment.com
    mandmsurplus.com
    parossmachinery.com
    rf engine 1.877.222.9649
    joseph.com
    foleyengines.com
    motorpowerinc.com (very helpful)
    continentalengines.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: any feedback on mecanicapedrosa.com for hard to find parts?

Quote Originally Posted by yz1 View Post
    I was able to find some hard to find Continental over/under size parts in stock at a website called www.mecanicapedrosa.com.

...Just in case you found this thread in search of Continental Parts, here's some other sites I've looked at:

wisconsinmotorscanada.ca
    enginekitsonliine.com (very helpful)
    montesequipment.com
    mandmsurplus.com
    parossmachinery.com
    rf engine 1.877.222.9649
    joseph.com
    foleyengines.com
    motorpowerinc.com (very helpful)
    continentalengines.com
    From www.mecanicapedrosa.com:
    "...he (Mecanica Pedrosa) stocked engine components of all kind brought in from the U.S. and Europe, from Acura to White. He used to say: "You never know what engine is coming in the door next"."

"From Acura to White" - I guess the poor guy with an Abarth or Zundap was left out in the cold!

Thanks for the links.

Post Thanks / Like

Followup = I was not able to find anyone who had prior experience with Mecanica Pedrosa, but did find that they were registered with, and had sold through amazon at some point, so, I placed an order with them for some over/under continental parts I was having trouble finding.

They had a very nice selection and shipped a.s.a.p. Their pricing and shipping were very reasonable and I got my order in just a few days.

In reply to "Noble" who emailed me about his Lincoln rebuild, I ended up buying ala carte from:

www.mecanicapedrosa.com Ask for Isel, she's knowledgeable and know these Lincoln motors.
    www.internalengineparts.com they carried my valves instock and cheap.
    www.northernautoparts.com Full Gasket set instock and cheap.

These two guys were verrrryyy helpful but we could not find a complete kit with the over/unders I needed.
    www.enginekitsonline.com
    www.motorpowerinc.com

Yz1

Post Thanks / Like

Are we talking a Lincoln Continental, as in a car?
    If so, you have the wrong forum for that.
    This forum is for Lincoln welders.
    This should go in the mechanic's park forums!
    #1. If you don't like what I wrote, or if it offends you, then don't read it!
    #2. I am living life the way I see fit, if you don't like the way I'M living, tough sh**!

Post Thanks / Like

Ken,

Sorry, your probably right.

It was probably wrong of me to assume that I could best find people who had experience and who could help me with my SA 200 overhaul in the "Lincoln" forum. Both SA200's I've worked with had Continental 4 cylinder F-163 engines and the words "Lincoln Electric" emblazoned on them. So, I guess technically, they were Lincoln Continentals. Sheesh.

By the way, thanks for those who did steer me in the right direction. Some of the F-162 and F-163 parts may be getting either very expensive or hard to find.

I can tell you, some of the best Lincoln Welder rebuilds I've seen were by people right here. I probably would not have had the courage to try without seeing and reading about theirs. Mine won't be as pretty since I'm not getting the new decals, but I'll still be using it 10 years from now. tks all.

yz1

Post Thanks / Like

It was probably wrong of me to assume that I could best find people who had experience and who could help me with my SA 200 overhaul in the "Lincoln" forum. Both SA200's I've worked with had Continental 4 cylinder F-163 engines and the words "Lincoln Electric" emblazoned on them. So, I guess technically, they were Lincoln Continentals. Sheesh.
    Relax a little yz1. Breath in. . . breath out.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save Second Base!

Post Thanks / Like

Ken,

Sorry, your probably right.

yz1

Take a chill pill!
    I had no idea you where talking about an SA 200!
    I have never played with one, so therefor I have no idea what motor is in one!

Now!
    If you want to talk Lincoln Continental, maybe, if you behave yourself, I might tell you about the time we stuck a 460ci Lincoln motor we hopped up, down into a little Merc Comet!
    "Give you a hint, it took a cutting torch, a welder and a whole lot of jumping up and down on top of that thing to get it in there!
    #2. I am living life the way I see fit, if you don't like the way I'M living, tough sh**!

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, just ribbin you a bit.

Actually, up until I had to do my first tuneup, I really did'nt take too much notice what "engine" I had either.

I did have fun trying Joethemechanics compressed air trick to free the cylinders. Then I did as Denrep advised and removed the "freed" pistons. This allowed me to identify the cylinder with the collapsed rings. The hardest part of the whole thing was finding the parts without losing my shorts.

You know, someone here suggested filling the cylinders with kerosene and lighting it, now thats sounds a little like your Merc Comet.

Duane, tks for the thought. I try very hard not to breathe in or out too much. If the wife finds out that I'm still breathing, she'll find work for me to do......

Post Thanks / Like

Believe me, I know all about trying to keep your shorts while doing a rebuild!
    I am right now in the middle of a rebuild on an Onan B43E on a Weldanpower.225AC/DC-CV
    Get this, I need a crank, found one new, for a mere $502.00, then add the most basic of rebuild parts, and add another $700.00 to $900.00, depending on what all I want to replace, and this doesn't even cover bearings, valve guides or seals or a carb kit!

Post Thanks / Like

Try stumpfweldingsupplies.com. If you can't find what you are looking for on their website, try calling them. They usually have continental parts in stock or can get them fairly cheap

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist