+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Contaminated Argon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Contaminated Argon

Quote Originally Posted by psacustomcreations View Post
    Have you tried just taking it back to the shop where you got the bottle filled or swapped and talking the person? Explain what went wrong, how you swapped bottles and the problem went away. That leads you to believe there is bad gas.
    They may just swap the bottle and you will be on your way. A decent shop will do that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    Something tells me it didn't go as planned. But tact is forgotten these days.
    Seems like a lot of aggravation to go through for a minnie bottle.
    Lincoln 330MPX
    Lincoln Power Mig 256
    Lincoln LN-25X Wire Feeder
    Lincoln AC/DC 225
    ¼ Ton of Torches OFC-A/OFG-A
    Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    CAC-A
    Lincoln Tomahawk 1000
    Ingersoll Rand T-30-14hp-25cfm
    Instagram: #Freebird Welds

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freebirdwelds View Post
    I must have missed where he took it back and just tried to talk to them. Thats what I would have done before I started to think of a law suit

Last edited by psacustomcreations; 05-09-2022 at 04:24 PM.
    Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Arclight Dynamics 4x8 plasma table
    www.psacustomcreations.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Freebirdwelds View Post
    From the OP's earlier comments, this may be a reoccurring problem, one the seller won't handle correctly or worse, and tact may no longer be of value.

I do find it interesting when so many on the site give judgemental opinions about situations they have so few facts about. Yes,making big issues out of little mistakes can be time-wasting, painful and a futile effort, but pushing back against poor practices, bad attitudes and illegal actions can sometimes be both needed and in the long run, better for not just the OP but for other customers who have or would have gotten in similar positions.

4. Likes Weldordie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I must have missed where he took it back and just tried to tall to them. Thats what I would have done before I started to think of a law suit

Thats the route most of us dip****s would go. But then what do I know. I'm
    not an "analytical thinker" like the OP
    is.
    :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldiron2 View Post
    From the OP's earlier comments, this may be a reoccurring problem, one the seller won't handle correctly or worse, and tact may no longer be of value.

I do find it interesting when so many on the site give judgemental opinions about situations they have so few facts about. Yes,making big issues out of little mistakes can be time-wasting, painful and a futile effort, but pushing back against poor practices, bad attitudes and illegal actions can sometimes be both needed and in the long run, better for not just the OP but for other customers who have or would have gotten in similar positions.
    By the second occurrence I would have found a new gas supplier.
    The OP has not indicated how many times he has had this happen with bottle size and gas types. Or the time period over which this has occurred.
    I am just a hobbyist and go through a couple of 200 and 300 bottles of C25 and Argon every year. I also have some 125 bottles for those as well and now a 40 and 80 of Argon. I guess I am lucky it has not happened.
    I use the small bottles for portable jobs and the larger bottles for the shop.

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Weldordie View Post
    I've got a life, but it's growing short. All I asked for was how to test for bottle contamination... not for all you dipshtts to give me advice I don't need.
    Your life may be short and you don't like the answers given.
    Apparently it's long enough to come on here and complain.
    Then long enough find a lawyer and or to file a lawsuit in small claims court. Then make the appearance, present your evidence, then await judgment and the eventual payout.

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

Post Thanks / Like

Well when you put it like that, I may reconsider my point. But probably not. I'm at a point I don't give a shiit any more....not saying that's a good thing. But then I'm not that analytical about some things anymore.....
    Lincoln 330MPX
    Lincoln Power Mig 256
    Lincoln AC/DC 225
    Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    CAC-A
    Lincoln Tomahawk 1000

9. Likes 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Never lost a case, yet.
    My initial reaction to that is, "If you never filed such a suit, you never would have lost a case, yet."

But judging from your attitude here, I'm guessing you have lawyers on speed dial if not monthly retainers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lis2323 View Post
    Thats the route most of us dip****s would go. But then what do I know. I'm
    not an "analytical thinker" like the OP
    is.
    Now see I wouldn't of called you a dipshiit in this instance. I would of called you an assholee. But that could be because I didn't think about it long enough. Let me think about it awhile and I'll have to get back to you about what you truly are. lol Name:  rolleyes.gif
Views: 239
Size:  1.0 KB
    Lincoln 330MPX
    Lincoln Power Mig 256
    Lincoln AC/DC 225
    Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    CAC-A
    Lincoln Tomahawk 1000

12. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

file a lawsuit in small claims court. Then make the appearance, present your evidence, then await judgment and the eventual payout.
    Lab analysis of a $20 bottle of argon: ($300)
    Value of wages from lost time: ($500)
    Court Filing Fees: ($50)
    Lawyers' Fees: ($1200)
    Judgment: $20 to swap out for a different mini bottle of argon
    Court Dismissed.
    Net Profit/(Loss): PRICELESS!

14. Likes Freebirdwelds, Oscar, 12V71, TJS, N2 Welding liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Your life may be short and you don't like the answers given.
    Apparently it's long enough to come on here and complain.
    Then long enough find a lawyer and or to file a lawsuit in small claims court. Then make the appearance, present your evidence, then await judgment and the eventual payout.
    The OP came here with a simple question about getting an analysis. Many of the comments volunteered were advice based on little evidence, what you are calling "answers given". Seems to me the givers here of unwanted advice are the ones getting upset about his disregarding them. All the OP has "complain[ed]" = commented about was that.

Quote Originally Posted by StandarDyne View Post
    Lab analysis of a $20 bottle of argon: ($300)
    Value of wages from lost time: ($500)
    Court Filing Fees: ($50)
    Lawyers' Fees: ($1200)
    Judgment: $20 to swap out for a different mini bottle of argon
    Court Dismissed.
    Net Profit/(Loss): PRICELESS!
    No lawyers are allowed in Small Claims Court in most, if not all states.

16. Likes Weldordie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No lawyers are allowed in Small Claims Court in most, if not all states.
    So I guess his losses would only be around a grand.
    Hey, the value of the LWS guys laffing their @sses off in court would be PRICELESS!

My guess is that the OP went into the LWS screaming their heads off and they told him to go p!ss up a rope. Depend on A-1 service from them from here on out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StandarDyne View Post

My guess is that the OP went into the LWS screaming their heads off and they told him to go p!ss up a rope. Depend on A-1 service from them from here on out!
    Again you're making guesses based on nothing, or perhaps on your own past behavior?

"The OP [singular] ......screaming their [plural] heads off....". Either you don't understand basic grammar or the meaning of "screaming".

19. Likes Weldordie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got a life, but it's growing short. All I asked for was how to test for bottle contamination... not for all you dipshtts to give me advice I don't need.
    This forum is not a paid service where you have chemists/chemical engineers at your beck and call to do your bidding as you see fit. How on Earth did you not see this coming by posting it on a WELDING forum?? Did you really think you could steer this topic down the path that you wanted it to take, and only that one path, somehow keeping everybody "in check" just from a few keystrokes from behind your computer screen? Reminds me of the exorcist. "If you're the devil, why don't you undo these ropes and set yourself free?.....That would be a much too vulgar display of power."
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

21. Likes Freebirdwelds, G-ManBart, TJS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP would get along great with the thruwall guy who wants advice on copper backing a weld. Or maybe the Rolex guy who was here a little while ago.

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

23. Likes Lis2323, 12V71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Again you're making guesses based on nothing, or perhaps on your own past behavior?

"The OP [singular] ......screaming their [plural] heads off....". Either you don't understand basic grammar or the meaning of "screaming".
    Don't forget that in today's world, a person may be called "they/them" instead of a he or she. So technically that poster might have been correct.

Millermatic 252 MIG
    Miller Dynasty 200DX TIG
    Altas 12x36 Metal Lathe

25. Likes Lis2323 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Or maybe you don't understand figurative speech. I get it: Hey, not all of us went to high school.

Instead of blowing their heads off, or cutting their heads off, he screamed their heads off. (In other words, they had to duck -- making them appear to have no heads -- to avoid the fire-hose spray of spit.)

But thanks for the grammar lesson, Schoolmarm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Reminds me of the exorcist. "If you're the devil, why don't you undo these ropes and set yourself free?.....That would be a much too vulgar display of power."

What dis thread needs is MOAR COWBELL!

28. Likes Broccoli1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    This forum is not a paid service where you have chemists/chemical engineers at your beck and call to do your bidding as you see fit. How on Earth did you not see this coming by posting it on a WELDING forum?? Did you really think you could steer this topic down the path that you wanted it to take, and only that one path, somehow keeping everybody "in check" just from a few keystrokes from behind your computer screen? Reminds me of the exorcist. "If you're the devil, why don't you undo these ropes and set yourself free?.....That would be a much too vulgar display of power."
    The responses from all of you trolls was not unexpected. I posted a simple question that could, easily, be answered by yes or no, or totally ignored. But, that would have been too easy for most of you "welders" who just have to get into the weeds with your nonsense.

Post Thanks / Like

could, easily, be answered by yes or no, or totally ignored.
    yes could have, but did you really think it would have? Using a magical force from a world beyond that you possess? To keep everyone here in check like that; a vulgar display of power, it would be.
    1st on WeldingWeb to have a scrolling sig!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that in today's world, a person may be called "they/them" instead of a he or she. So technically that poster might have been correct.

Try using such modern talk in a legal contract and then don't complain when it's said by a Court to be unenforceable due to being ambiguous. Just because the modern femi-nazies want to destroy the language doesn't mean I or or the rest of the rational members have to go along with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my two cents...... I've chased this problem a few times, never with a resolution. I did not have a secondary bottle to validate that the gas was indeed the issue at that moment. My living is not tied to welding as a trade, however I do make items for work, prototyping or to make work easier in my trade. That being said, I expect a product I purchase from an organization supplying to industry, to be nearly perfect. Another words if you're a multinational organization, supplying one line of products, gases in this case, your line should virtually be failure free. My time is valuable, and the time wasted on the clock, as well as personal time is forever lost. Simply returning a bottle, solves nothing, the sales guy will likely throw it back into the mix and the next guy will get screwed. It takes action to make change, this guy may be doing you a favor.
    Last edited by camfab; 05-09-2022 at 09:42 PM. Reason: spelling

33. Likes Weldordie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not here to play " mother hen" in this shltshow. I would imagine the amount of " contaminated" cylinders is very low, probably less than 1 in a thousand. Most suppliers offer a " pure" argon which they state is guaranteed to be more pure than the regular grade argon cylinders. I imagine it's comparable to how oxygen is labeled " medical". It's one of those situations where you have to trust your supplier and realize that there is always a possibility of something such as human error happening. Out of hundreds of not thousands of cylinders I've changed over the years I've yet to encounter a " contaminated" one. I have however grabbed the wrong one out of the rack and encountered problems which I realized what happened. Some times you have to suck it up and move on. Similar to getting a defective auto part. In either situation threatening litagations if laughable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M J D View Post
    Not here to play " mother hen" in this shltshow. I would imagine the amount of " contaminated" cylinders is very low, probably less than 1 in a thousand. Most suppliers offer a " pure" argon which they state is guaranteed to be more pure than the regular grade argon cylinders. I imagine it's comparable to how oxygen is labeled " medical". It's one of those situations where you have to trust your supplier and realize that there is always a possibility of something such as human error happening. Out of hundreds of not thousands of cylinders I've changed over the years I've yet to encounter a " contaminated" one. I have however grabbed the wrong one out of the rack and encountered problems which I realized what happened. Some times you have to suck it up and move on. Similar to getting a defective auto part. In either situation threatening litagations if laughable.
    When I posted my question I was hoping someone could provide an answer, but instead, it turned out to be an intelligence test... quite revealing.

Post Thanks / Like

When I posted my question I was hoping someone could provide an answer, but instead, it turned out to be an intelligence test... quite revealing.
    Well did you pass or fail?

37. Likes N2 Welding liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

A) Welding/Fabrication Shop
B) Plant/Production Line
C) Infrastructure/Construction/Repair or Maintenance/Field Work
D) Distributor of Welding Supplies or Gases
E) College/School/University
F) Work Out of Home

A) Corporate Executive/Management
B) Operations Management
C) Engineering Management
D) Educator/Student
E) Retired
F) Hobbyist